Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Hardware RAID not recognize the new disk [Sun T6320] Post 302599084 by little2712 on Thursday 16th of February 2012 06:58:13 AM
Old 02-16-2012
yes i also face this type of problems once a time,,where LBA,s are not the same due to which we have order other disk with same LBA..plz check that part number should be same...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Hardware RAID

I don't understood why on SPARC-Platforms have not present RAID-Controller ? Sorry for my bad english, but it's crazy always setup software RAID !!! I whanna Hardware RAID and when i can find solution ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun T5120 hardware RAID question

Hi everyone I've just purchased a Sun T5120 server with 2 internal disks. I've configured hardware RAID (mirror) and as a result the device tree in Solaris only contains 1 hard drive. My question is, how would I know when one of the drives become faulty? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Add new disk to Sun StorEdge 3310 RAID

HI guys. Bit of a noob so bear with me. I have 2 new disks I want to add to my StorEdge 3310 but am getting lost in the steps. We have another 3310 (JBOD) that I was able to plug the disks into and they instantly showed up. Did a few minor commands after (drvconfig, devfsadm etc..) and I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
4 Replies

4. Hardware

Sun Blade T6320 memory configuration

Can you mix DIMMs in a T6320 (sparc) blade? I have read/heard that the DIMMs in a memory bay must be identical but can you have different size DIMMs installed in the blade? For instance, can you have 1 4GB DIMM in bay 0, 2 2GB DIMMs in bay 1, 4 1 GB DIMMs in bay 2 and 2 2GB DIMMs in bay 3 for a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID software vs hardware RAID

Hi Can someone tell me what are the differences between software and hardware raid ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

6. Hardware

Hardware RAID on Sun T2000 Server

Hi All I have a Sun T2000 server. Couple of years ago I had configured and mirrored the boot drive with an other drive using hardware RAID 1 using raidctl command. Following is the hardware RAID output. root@oracledatabaseserver / $ raidctl RAID Volume RAID RAID Disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris recognize HW Raid ??

Hardware: HP P2000 HP DL380 G7 with Solaris Software: Solaris 10 05/08 I had made a Hardware raid on P2000 and install solaris on G7, The raid card controller is working fine. How can I make the raid works on OS?? "raidclt" is getting nothing :wall::wall: Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: stanley1024
11 Replies

8. Hardware

Sun T3-1 hardware RAID

Hi all I've just received my T3-1. It has 8 disks and I would like to configure RAID1 on the disks. The Sun documentation states that you can either use the OpenBoot PROMP utility called Fcode or you can use software via the Solaris OS. The documentation doesn't make it clear if: 1. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies
vxr5check(1M)															     vxr5check(1M)

NAME
vxr5check - verify RAID-5 volume parity SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxr5check [-i | -v] [-g diskgroup] volume DESCRIPTION
The vxr5check utility compares the parity of each stripe of a RAID-5 volume specified by volume. vxr5check reads the data for each stripe, generates the parity for this stripe, and compares this parity with the existing parity. vxr5check can be run against the entire RAID-5 volume, or incrementally on RAID-5 stripe boundaries, by specifying the -i option. OPTIONS
-g diskgroup Specifies the Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) disk group name for the RAID-5 volume name for verification. If this option is not specified, the default disk group is determined using the rules given in the vxdg(1M) manual page. -i Verifies the RAID-5 volume incrementally per stripes. If a parity mismatch is found, that stripe location is displayed. -v Verbose output for the incremental vxr5check verification. The verbose option outputs each stripe number that is being verified. OUTPUT FORMAT
In verbose mode and incremental mode, summary reports for each stripe of the RAID-5 volume are printed in output records. If an error is returned for a stripe, then an error message and stripe number are displayed. In non-verbose mode, if an error is returned, an error mes- sage is displayed. If a parity mismatch error is determined on a stripe, vxr5check exits on that stripe and does not continue for the remaining stripes in the RAID-5 volume. FILES
/usr/lib/vxvm/bin/vxr5vrfy The utility that vxr5check calls to perform RAID-5 parity verification operations for the specified RAID-5 volume. EXIT CODES
The vxr5check utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. NOTES
Do not run vxr5check on a volume that is in degraded mode. SEE ALSO
vxevac(1M), vxintro(1M), vxmend(1M), vxvol(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxr5check(1M)