Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove the date portion from file name Post 302598499 by bartus11 on Tuesday 14th of February 2012 05:03:29 PM
Old 02-14-2012
Code:
perl -pe 's/_\d+//' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove portion of file

Can anyone tell me how to remove a portion of a large file to smaller ones? What I have is a large file that was created becasue several similar files were joined together. Each individual file starts with MSG_HEAD. I want to take everything from MSG_HEAD up to were it says MSG_HEAD again and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: methos
13 Replies

2. HP-UX

How do I take out(remove) the date part in the file name?

Hi Guys here I am again, I have two files in a specified location. Location ex: /opt/xdm/input/ input file names: 1. abc_app.yyyymmdd.dtd 2. abd_app.yyyymmdd.dtd I need to build a code that reads the files from the location based on the oldest date and cuts the date part... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruthless
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract date portion from file

Hi, I have a file where there is a date field (single line variable length file) how to extract just the date portion from it the position of date field may vary anywhere in the line but will always have the format mm-dd-yyyy for eg . xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx09-10-2006xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove the date from the file

Hi I am getting the file which is having the format as follows: set-I abcxyz20080109 abc20080110 Set-II abc-20070109 abcxyz-20070110 I need to get only the file name without date as Set-I abcxyz abc Set-II abc (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradkumar
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove '-' for date fields alone in a file

Hi, I have a scenario like, I need to replace a hyphens(-) for date field alone in the file. I have minus(-) sign for other fields it should remain as such, only for date fields hyphens must be removed. Please find the content for the file below: sample.txt: -----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first portion of string

I have a script which currently uses a file containing a list of directories as an argument. The file is read in to an array, and then the array is iterated in a for loop. What I would like to do is cut off the first few directories of the directory path (they won't exist on the server where the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove large portion of web page code between two tags

Hi everybody, I am trying to remove bunch of lines from web pages between two tags: one is <h1> and the other is <table it looks like <h1>Anniversary cards roses</h1> many lines here <table summary="Free anniversary greeting cards." cellspacing="8" cellpadding="8" width="70%">my goal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the date part of the file?

Hi Gurus, I have file name like: abcd.20131005.dat I need to remove mid part of data final name should be abcd.dat thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I take out(remove) the date part in the file name in a script?

Hi All, I need to create links between two directories. have multiple files in a specified location. Source Location ex: /opt/xdm/input/ Target Location ex: /opt/xdm input file names: 1. abc_app.aus.apac.yyyymmdd.dtd 2. abcd_app.aus.apac.yyyymmdd.dtd I need to build a code that reads... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kthri_82
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the leading and trailing date from a CSV file

I'm a newbie to shell scripting. Can anyone help with the below requirement ? The leading and trailing date of a files to be removed. 2017-07-12_gmr_tag_log_20170711.csv 2017-07-12_gmr_call_log_20170711.csv 2017-07-12_gmr_outgoing_log_20170711.csv I'm looking for output like... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamayam
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)