Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat KSH script help needed ( nice error trap routine ?) Post 302598117 by pcpinkerton on Monday 13th of February 2012 12:16:35 PM
Old 02-13-2012
Thanks for the suggestion but how would that fit into a for loop?

for i in ${list}
do
command
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

nice command and nice() system call

Hi I want to implement the nice command in the shell that I am building. I came to know that there is a corresponding nice() system call for the same. But since I will be forking different processes to run different commands typed on the command prompt, is there any way I can make a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejbuch
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cntl+z Trap is not detecting ??? Help required to add a trap detection ???

Hi folks, I have tried to add some trap detection in the below script....this script is used to monitor database activities...in a rather awkward way :rolleyes:.... The idea behind adding trap is that....this script creates lots of temporary files in the running folder to store the count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache Subnet consolidation script/routine help needed

I have a rather simple routine that I would like to fine tune. I am having scripters block if that exists. Trying to tally up that amount of subnets after I performed an awk and uniq from zipped apache logs. For instance, on a solaris 10 system: This does work gunzip -c access_log1.200834.gz |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NYG71
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to trap script error and return line number of failure

Hey all UNIX nerds- I've built a shell script which runs pretty well- only I want it to have much better error trapping. (Like the kind I could apply to every shell script I write). I'm not a UNIX genius, and could really use a bit of help. The original script goes something like this: 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevekerver
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error running the script.... Help needed. Please

I have another Question: I tried to run the following script: (I actually wanted to print out the second field in the text field.) #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x readfile=/dir1/data.txt cat $readfile | while read line do x = `echo $line|awk '{print $2}'` echo $x done But, it shows the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using trap in ksh

I have a script that prompts the user for a response. How can I use the trap command to capture the question ask and the users response to a log file? Thanks in advance,:D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toor13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Nice command (priority) from /bin/ksh

Hello, I am just starting with shell scripting, as everyone will soon see from my question. What I'm trying to do is call the Nice command to set the script process priority from /bin/ksh. The difference is I'm running it not directly through the shell, but through Bigfix (very similar to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solly119
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - help needed for creating a script to generate xml file from text file

Dear Members, I have a table in Oracle DB and one of its column name is INFO which has data in text format which we need to fetch in a script and create an xml file of a new table from the input. The contents of a single cell of INFO column is like: Area:app - aam Clean Up Criteria:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
0 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

VM trap may work differently than a pure install trap.

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: That is the last reply I received from my instructor, and I'm looking for some alternatives. When using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newuser45
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trap Oracle error in shell script

sqlplus -s usrname/password@dbSID <<-SQL >> logfile @create_table.sql commit; quit; SQL I am running this script to execute an sql file. I want to display the oracle error if anything found during execution of the sql file and exit from script. Please suggest How do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies
continue(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						    continue(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
continue - Skip to the next iteration of a loop SYNOPSIS
continue _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is typically invoked inside the body of a looping command such as for or foreach or while. It returns a TCL_CONTINUE code, which causes a continue exception to occur. The exception causes the current script to be aborted out to the innermost containing loop command, which then continues with the next iteration of the loop. Catch exceptions are also handled in a few other situations, such as the catch command and the outermost scripts of procedure bodies. EXAMPLE
Print a line for each of the integers from 0 to 10 except 5: for {set x 0} {$x<10} {incr x} { if {$x == 5} { continue } puts "x is $x" } SEE ALSO
break(3tcl), for(3tcl), foreach(3tcl), return(3tcl), while(3tcl) KEYWORDS
continue, iteration, loop Tcl continue(3tcl)