Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trouble installing Arachne - possible gcc error? Maybe? Post 302598108 by Corona688 on Monday 13th of February 2012 11:29:02 AM
Old 02-13-2012
Looks like an old buggy configure script that still expects gcc to accept -V without an argument.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help!(Installing GCC.)

(Installing GCC: Configuration) In the document of Installing GCC, there is a sentence I don't understand: " Second, when configuring a native system, either cc or gcc must be in your path or you must set CC in your environment before running configure. Otherwise the configuration scripts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing gcc

Hi! I have downloaded a precompiled gcc package but I'm having problems installing it. It is supposed to install in /usr/local and there is plenty of space left there but during the installation I get the following error message “No space left on device”. Is it some kind of temp folder that is out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
2 Replies

3. Programming

Installing gcc

Hi all I'm trying to install the latest version of gcc but I keep getting this message on make; gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I. -I. -I./../zlib -I./../include -W -Wall -pedantic -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -g -O2 -c jartool.c jartool.c:234: getopt.h: No... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: squeakywheel
3 Replies

4. Solaris

error while installing gcc

Hi friends, i down loaded the gcc*.gz file and i am getting the following error when i am trying to install it on solaris 8 ======================================================= Processing package instance <SMCgcc342> from </export/gcc-3.4.2-sol8-sparc-local> gcc (sparc) 3.4.2 FSF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Error when installing GCC

GCC 3.4.6 was installed in Solaris 2.8. I ran the commands ./configure and make. When running make install I got the below mentioned errors at the end. Please help me in resolving the same. make: *** Error 1 make: Leaving directory `/gmsp/antony/gcc-3.4.6/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/sparcv9/libf2c'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
1 Replies

6. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 Installing gcc 3.4.3 cause error in make

Did anyone get gcc updated on sco 5.0.7 ? Here is what I did installed Openserver Development System installed Openserver Linker and Application Development Libraries This gave me older gcc compiler 2.95.3 which is required to compile the latest gcc 3.4.3 Configuration went ok but issued... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miles556
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Trouble Installing

I'm trying to install SuSE 7.2 Professional on a IBM Netfinity M10 system. But setup says it can not find a HDD for some reason. It has 6 SCSI HDD installed so I'm not sure why it won't detect them. I am new to servers though and never have used a SCSI device. So if someone could help me out I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iconfixit
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders ŕ /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) ŕ pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

9. Solaris

GCC installing

dear, please just didn't understand the problem that appears when i try to install ./configure here is the message that appears in unix when installing gcc root@ccbtest # ./configure checking build system type... /bin/bash: ./config.guess: No such file or directory configure: error: cannot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Trouble installing vsftpd builddegs.h compile error

gcc --version gcc (GCC) 3.4.3 20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4) Linux 2.6.9-5.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 19:30:39 EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux vsftpd built 3.0.2 I am seeing this error when I try to implement the steps outlined for installing vsftpd: # make gcc -c main.c -O2 -fPIE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwnilges
2 Replies
caca-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						    caca-config(1)

NAME
caca-config - script to get information about the installed version of libcaca SYNOPSIS
caca-config [ --prefix= DIR] [ --exec-prefix= DIR] [ --version ] [ --libs ] [ --cflags ] DESCRIPTION
caca-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link progams, libraries, and plugins that use libcaca. The use of caca-config is deprecated. The more generic tool pkg-config should be used instead. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses libcaca. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that libcaca was build with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program or library that uses libcaca. --prefix=DIR If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that libcaca was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --version Prints the currently installed version of libcaca on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(caca-config --cflags) -c main.c is how you might use caca-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(caca-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use caca-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1) AUTHOR
The libcaca library was written by Sam Hocevar <sam@hocevar.net>. This manual page was written for sdl-config by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. It was adapted to libcaca by Sam Hocevar. libcaca 2003-11-22 caca-config(1)