Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Poor Performance of server
Operating Systems AIX Poor Performance of server Post 302596999 by guzzelle on Thursday 9th of February 2012 12:14:00 AM
Old 02-09-2012
if the attachment is not viewable here's the lsattr -El sys0:
Code:
SW_dist_intr    false              Enable SW distribution of interrupts              True
autorestart     true               Automatically REBOOT OS after a crash             True
boottype        disk               N/A                                               False
capacity_inc    0.01               Processor capacity increment                      False
capped          true               Partition is capped                               False
conslogin       enable             System Console Login                              False
cpuguard        enable             CPU Guard                                         True
dedicated       false              Partition is dedicated                            False
enhanced_RBAC   true               Enhanced RBAC Mode                                True
ent_capacity    6.00               Entitled processor capacity                       False
frequency       6400000000         System Bus Frequency                              False
fullcore        false              Enable full CORE dump                             True
fwversion       IBM,AL720_082      Firmware version and revision levels              False
ghostdev        0                  Recreate devices in ODM on system change          True
id_to_partition 0X80000B9662900002 Partition ID                                      False
id_to_system    0X80000B9662900000 System ID                                         False
iostat          false              Continuously maintain DISK I/O history            True
keylock         normal             State of system keylock at boot time              False
log_pg_dealloc  true               Log predictive memory page deallocation events    True
max_capacity    12.00              Maximum potential processor capacity              False
max_logname     9                  Maximum login name length at boot time            True
maxbuf          20                 Maximum number of pages in block I/O BUFFER CACHE True
maxmbuf         0                  Maximum Kbytes of real memory allowed for MBUFS   True
maxpout         8193               HIGH water mark for pending write I/Os per file   True
maxuproc        2048               Maximum number of PROCESSES allowed per user      True
min_capacity    3.00               Minimum potential processor capacity              False
minpout         4096               LOW water mark for pending write I/Os per file    True
modelname       IBM,8205-E6B       Machine name                                      False
ncargs          256                ARG/ENV list size in 4K byte blocks               True
nfs4_acl_compat secure             NFS4 ACL Compatibility Mode                       True
pre430core      false              Use pre-430 style CORE dump                       True
pre520tune      disable            Pre-520 tuning compatibility mode                 True
realmem         44826624           Amount of usable physical memory in Kbytes        False
rtasversion     1                  Open Firmware RTAS version                        False
sed_config      select             Stack Execution Disable (SED) Mode                True
systemid        IBM,020678F8P      Hardware system identifier                        False
variable_weight 0                  Variable processor capacity weight                False

Last edited by zxmaus; 02-10-2012 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba on E3500 Poor Performance!!!

Hi you all, I have a BIG performance problem on an Sun E3500, the scenario is described below: I have several users (30) accessing via samba to the E3500 using an application built on Visual Foxpro from their Windows PC , the problem is that the first guy that logs in demands 30% of the E3500... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex blanco
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Poor read performance on sun storedge a1000

Hello, i have a a1000 connected to an e6500. There's a raid 10 (12 disks) on the a1000. If i do a dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/1 bs=1024k count=1000 and then look at iostat it tells me there's a kw/s of 25000. But if i do a dd of=/dev/zero if=/mnt/1 bs=1024k count=1000 then i see only a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbrenner
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

poor performance processing file with awk

Hello, I'm running a script on AIX to process lines in a file. I need to enclose the second column in quotation marks and write each line to a new file. I've come up with the following: #!/bin/ksh filename=$1 exec >> $filename.new cat $filename | while read LINE do echo $LINE | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scooter53080
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HW Raid poor io performance

Hello all We just built a storage cluster for our new xenserver farm. Using 3ware 9650SE raid controllers with 8 x 1TB WD sata disks in a raid 5, 256KB stripe size. While making first performance test on the local storage server using dd (which simulates the read/write access to the disk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roli8200
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Poor Disk performance on ZFS

Hello, we have a machine with Solaris Express 11, 2 LSI 9211 8i SAS 2 controllers (multipath to disks), multiport backplane, 16 Seagate Cheetah 15K RPM disks. Each disk has a sequential performance of 220/230 MB/s and in fact if I do a dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rdsk/<diskID_1> bs=1024k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golemico
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Poor disk performance however no sign of failure

Hello guys, I have two servers performing the same disk operations. I believe one server is having a disk's impending failure however I have no hard evidence to prove it. This is a pair of Netra 210's with 2 drives in a hardware raid mirror (LSI raid controller). While performing intensive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Poor performance on an M3000

Hi We have an M3000 single physical processor and 8gb of memory running Solaris 10. This system runs two Oracle Databases one on Oracle 9i and One on Oracle 10g. As soon as the Oracle 10g database starts we see an immediate drop in system performance, for example opening an ssh session can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
6 Replies

8. AIX

ISCSI poor performance 1.5MB/s fresh install AIX7.1

Hi Everyone, I have been struggling for few days with iSCSI and thought I could get some help on the forum... fresh install of AIX7.1 TL4 on Power 710, The rootvg relies on 3 SAS disks in RAID 0, 32GB Memory The lpar Profile is using all of the managed system's resources. I have connected... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frenchy59
11 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Poor Windows 10 Performance of Parallels Desktop 15 on macOS Catalina

Just a quick note for macOS users. I just installed (and removed) Parallels Desktop 15 Edition on my MacPro (2013) with 64GB memory and 12-cores, which is running the latest version of macOS Catalina as of this post. The reason for this install was to test some RIGOL test gear software which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
XtSetSensitive(3)						   XT FUNCTIONS 						 XtSetSensitive(3)

NAME
XtSetSensitive, XtIsSensitive - set and check a widget's sensitivity state SYNTAX
void XtSetSensitive(Widget w, Boolean sensitive); Boolean XtIsSensitive(Widget w); ARGUMENTS
sensitive Specifies a Boolean value that indicates whether the widget should receive keyboard and pointer events. w Specifies the widget. DESCRIPTION
The XtSetSensitive function first calls XtSetValues on the current widget with an argument list specifying that the sensitive field should change to the new value. It then recursively propagates the new value down the managed children tree by calling XtSetValues on each child to set the ancestor_sensitive to the new value if the new values for sensitive and the child's ancestor_sensitive are not the same. XtSetSensitive calls XtSetValues to change sensitive and ancestor_sensitive. Therefore, when one of these changes, the widget's set_values procedure should take whatever display actions are needed (for example, greying out or stippling the widget). XtSetSensitive maintains the invariant that if parent has either sensitive or ancestor_sensitive False, then all children have ances- tor_sensitive False. The XtIsSensitive function returns True or False to indicate whether or not user input events are being dispatched. If both core.sensitive and core.ancestor_sensitive are True, XtIsSensitive returns True; otherwise, it returns False. SEE ALSO
X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.0.7 XtSetSensitive(3)