Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Not able to mount NFS share on client side Post 302596958 by pseudocoder on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 07:52:16 PM
Old 02-08-2012
Looks like your host-side (your server) exports a nfs share and allows the host-side (your server) to mount it.
Did you try to mount this share on the server? Probably you just need to run your command with root user or sudo?
Also check directory permissions!

---------- Post updated at 01:51 ---------- Previous update was at 01:48 ----------

The one line you posted (/etc/exports) may not be sufficient enough!
You may need to adjust the directory access permissions on server (/remote/proj1) as well as on the client side (/nfsmount).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Unable to mount NFS share during boot

Hello Everyone, I have a pseries machine running AIX 4.3.3 that has an invalid IP in /etc/hosts. During a boot the system hangs because it's trying to mount an NFS share to this invalid IP. I've tried to boot the system from a mksysb (not sure if the device was defined as rmt0) and AIX CD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlslhills
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. Web Development

NFS Share & Mount problem

Hi, I want to mount an NFS Shared folder on Windows XP to vxWorks. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the sharing. Now, when i try to mount the directory onto vxWorks (it runs on a Tumbleweed card), using a mount script (.sh), the following is the print i see on Tera Term: hostAdd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayzen
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS client-side userid mapping

Folks, I am trying to solve the following problem. I have a process on machine A running as root that needs to mount and access an NFS partition being exported from machine B. However, I cannot have 'no_root_squash' option given on B, hence I see NFS requests from machine A end up as 'nobody'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helpmelearn
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

8. SCO

Cannot mount NFS share (FreeNAS) onto SCO OpenServer 5.0.6

Hi! All, I am trying to mount a NFS share on my FreeNAS system onto my SCO OpenServer 5.0.6. I get the following error: mount: cannot mount /: Connection Refused (error 115) Has anyone been able to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies
MOUNTD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 MOUNTD(8)

NAME
mountd -- service remote NFS mount requests SYNOPSIS
/sbin/mountd [-nr] [exportsfile] DESCRIPTION
Mountd is the server for NFS mount requests from other client machines. Mountd listens for service requests at the port indicated in the NFS server specification; see Network File System Protocol Specification, RFC1094, Appendix A and NFS: Network File System Version 3 Protocol Specification, Appendix I. Options and operands available for mountd: -n The -n option allows non-root mount requests to be served. This should only be specified if there are clients such as PC's, that require it. -r The -r option allows mount RPCs requests for regular files to be served. Although this seems to violate the mount protocol specifi- cation, some diskless workstations do mount requests for their swapfiles and expect them to be regular files. Since a regular file cannot be specified in /etc/exports, the entire file system in which the swapfiles resides will have to be exported with the -alldirs flag. exportsfile The exportsfile argument specifies an alternate location for the exports file. When mountd is started, it loads the export host addresses and options into the kernel using the mount(2) system call. After changing the exports file, a hangup signal should be sent to the mountd daemon to get it to reload the export information. After sending the SIGHUP (kill -s HUP `cat /var/run/mountd.pid`), check the syslog output to see if mountd logged any parsing errors in the exports file. FILES
/etc/exports the list of exported filesystems /var/run/mountd.pid the pid of the currently running mountd SEE ALSO
nfsstat(1), exports(5), nfsd(8), portmap(8), showmount(8) HISTORY
The mountd utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
April 28, 1995 BSD