Today (Saturday) We will make some minor tuning adjustments to MySQL.

You may experience 2 up to 10 seconds "glitch time" when we restart MySQL. We expect to make these adjustments around 1AM Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT) US.

"Prize of being an Admin"

Post #302596932 by admin_xor on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 04:47:29 PM

Full Discussion: Prize of being an Admin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

fresh admin

hi everybody i'm just recreuted as UNIX system admin... please tell me from where do i have to begin... best regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
8 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

3. Linux

Linux admin

Hi, Please give some important admin command document . which is helpful in my role. THanks, Mani (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
8 Replies

4. Solaris

I need some help from a Solaris admin

OK I have a Solaris 10 Sparc running on a SUN T3-1 and the scsi driver is missing for the drive the root is on so it wont boot. I need to know if the following procedure is what I need to do to add the driver to get the system back up and running? {0} ok boot F failsafe # mount... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinityforce
0 Replies

5. War Stories

Prize of being an Admin - Part 2

I was reading this thread of admin_xor Prize of being an Admin and thought will share this experience of mine which is kind of opposite to what he did - I didn't tell anybody what happened :D We were porting one of the subsystem from Solaris to Linux. As part of that we developed many wrapper... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
23 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
dxlicenses(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     dxlicenses(8)

NAME
dxlicenses - Adds, lists, issues, and deletes software product licenses
SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/X11/dxlicenses
DESCRIPTION
When you buy software, the vendor from which you purchase the software issues an agreement called a license, which gives you authorization to use the product. Most of the information required by the License Manager can be found on the Product Authorization Key (PAK), which is issued by Compaq when you purchase a software license. Use the License Manager application, dxlicenses, to: Add a licensed software product Modify a licensed software product List a licensed software product Issue a modified license product Delete a licensed software product The License Manager application can be invoked from the CDE Application Manager from the following categories: Application Group: System_Admin System Admin Subgroup: Daily Admin In License Manager, online help is available by clicking on any Help button or by using the Help pull-down menu.
FILES
The License Manager application executable file The License Manager help volume The Directory containing License Manager application icons The License Manager defaults file that sets the default values for the X resources
SEE ALSO
Commands: lmf(8), lmfsetup(8) Software License Management dxlicenses(8)

Featured Tech Videos