Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed append without using new line Post 302596235 by kalpeer on Tuesday 7th of February 2012 02:01:14 AM
Old 02-07-2012
try this

Code:
touch /tmp/test.$$
while read line
do
check=`echo $line | tr -dc [A-Z]`
if [ ! -z "$check" ];then
echo "$line" | sed 's/$/]Foo/' >> /tmp/test.$$
else
 echo "$line" >> /tmp/test.$$
fi
done < one
cat /tmp/test.$$

one:
TITLE
this is a line
this is a line

Output:

TITLE]Foo
this is a line
this is a line

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-07-2012 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: Code tags
This User Gave Thanks to kalpeer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to append character to each line

Hey - my first post here, and I'm a total SED newb. I've looked around for previous help on this, but have so far been unsuccessful. I have a program (AMStracker for OS X) that outputs data in the terminal. Output is in this form: . . . 3 0 -75 3 0 -76 3 0 -77 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0nn0r
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed to append text to the end of each line

Anyone know how to use SED to append a comma to the end of each line example: field1,field2,field3,field4 If i Cat /textfile ---- How can i append the end of /textfile with a comman? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redg
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed : identify a pattern and append a word at the end of a line

Hello to all, On aix, I want to identify a term on a line in a file and then add a word at the end of the line identified. I do not want the word to be added when the line contains the symbol "#". I use the following command, but it deletes the term identified then adds the word. #sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - append text to every line

Hi all I tried this on an old version of sed on NCR Unix MP-RAS: sed -e "s/$/nnn/" file1 >file2 This file (file1): the cat sat on the mat. the cat sat on the mat. the cat sat on the mat. becomes this (file2): the cat sat on the mat.nnn the cat sat on the mat.nnn nnn the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append line with sed?

Input: gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly Output should be: gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly How can it be done with sed? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to append on specific line in password file

I have the a group file and my ftp group line looks like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED and Solaris Append line to the end of File does not work

Hello, I have to add a new line at the end of a File on Solaris-System: I think my script should be right, because I evaluated it to other threads. However the script does not what I am expected it should do. My file might look like this: Line1 Line2 Line3 And my script could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timo_HR
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - append line after block

Hi, I posted in another section, but no reply yet. I have an ini file with sections denoted as follows (for example) blah=blah blee=blee bloo=bloo blur=blur blaa=blaa I have ksh script that needs to append a line ${line} to the end of section ${section} I saw this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyatit
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find and append or insert on SAME line

Hi, $ cat f1 My name is Bruce and my surname is I want to use SED to find “Bruce” and then append “ Lee” to the end of the line in which “Bruce” is found Then a more tricky one…. I want to INSERT ….a string… in to a line in which I find sometihng. So example $ cat f2 My name is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to append word at end of line

hello Team, I am looking for sed command or script which will append word at end of line. for example. I want to validate particular filesystem with mount |<filesystem name> command. if nodev parameter is not there then it should add in the fstab file with receptive to the filesystem. # mount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
8 Replies
copymsg(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					       copymsg(9F)

NAME
copymsg - copy a message SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> mblk_t *copymsg(mblk_t *mp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
mp Pointer to the message to be copied. DESCRIPTION
The copymsg() function forms a new message by allocating new message blocks, and copying the contents of the message referred to by mp (using the copyb(9F) function). It returns a pointer to the new message. RETURN VALUES
If the copy is successful, copymsg() returns a pointer to the new message. Otherwise, it returns a NULL pointer. CONTEXT
The copymsg() function can be called from user, interrupt, or kernel context. EXAMPLES
Example 1 : Using copymsg The routine lctouc() converts all the lowercase ASCII characters in the message to uppercase. If the reference count is greater than one (line 8), then the message is shared, and must be copied before changing the contents of the data buffer. If the call to the copymsg() function fails (line 9), return NULL (line 10), otherwise, free the original message (line 11). If the reference count was equal to 1, the message can be modified. For each character (line 16) in each message block (line 15), if it is a lowercase letter, convert it to an upper- case letter (line 18). A pointer to the converted message is returned (line 21). 1 mblk_t *lctouc(mp) 2 mblk_t *mp; 3 { 4 mblk_t *cmp; 5 mblk_t *tmp; 6 unsigned char *cp; 7 8 if (mp->b_datap->db_ref > 1) { 9 if ((cmp = copymsg(mp)) == NULL) 10 return (NULL); 11 freemsg(mp); 12 } else { 13 cmp = mp; 14 } 15 for (tmp = cmp; tmp; tmp = tmp->b_cont) { 16 for (cp = tmp->b_rptr; cp < tmp->b_wptr; cp++) { 17 if ((*cp <= 'z') && (*cp >= 'a')) 18 *cp -= 0x20; 19 } 20 } 21 return(cmp); 22 } SEE ALSO
allocb(9F), copyb(9F), msgb(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.11 16 Jan 2006 copymsg(9F)