Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed append without using new line Post 302596229 by kalpeer on Tuesday 7th of February 2012 01:27:00 AM
Old 02-07-2012
Code:
echo "LINE" | sed 's/$/]FOO/'

This appends the "]FOO" to end of the line.

Thanks,
Kalai

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-07-2012 at 03:56 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you
This User Gave Thanks to kalpeer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to append character to each line

Hey - my first post here, and I'm a total SED newb. I've looked around for previous help on this, but have so far been unsuccessful. I have a program (AMStracker for OS X) that outputs data in the terminal. Output is in this form: . . . 3 0 -75 3 0 -76 3 0 -77 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0nn0r
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed to append text to the end of each line

Anyone know how to use SED to append a comma to the end of each line example: field1,field2,field3,field4 If i Cat /textfile ---- How can i append the end of /textfile with a comman? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redg
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed : identify a pattern and append a word at the end of a line

Hello to all, On aix, I want to identify a term on a line in a file and then add a word at the end of the line identified. I do not want the word to be added when the line contains the symbol "#". I use the following command, but it deletes the term identified then adds the word. #sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - append text to every line

Hi all I tried this on an old version of sed on NCR Unix MP-RAS: sed -e "s/$/nnn/" file1 >file2 This file (file1): the cat sat on the mat. the cat sat on the mat. the cat sat on the mat. becomes this (file2): the cat sat on the mat.nnn the cat sat on the mat.nnn nnn the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append line with sed?

Input: gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly Output should be: gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly How can it be done with sed? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to append on specific line in password file

I have the a group file and my ftp group line looks like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED and Solaris Append line to the end of File does not work

Hello, I have to add a new line at the end of a File on Solaris-System: I think my script should be right, because I evaluated it to other threads. However the script does not what I am expected it should do. My file might look like this: Line1 Line2 Line3 And my script could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timo_HR
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - append line after block

Hi, I posted in another section, but no reply yet. I have an ini file with sections denoted as follows (for example) blah=blah blee=blee bloo=bloo blur=blur blaa=blaa I have ksh script that needs to append a line ${line} to the end of section ${section} I saw this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyatit
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find and append or insert on SAME line

Hi, $ cat f1 My name is Bruce and my surname is I want to use SED to find “Bruce” and then append “ Lee” to the end of the line in which “Bruce” is found Then a more tricky one…. I want to INSERT ….a string… in to a line in which I find sometihng. So example $ cat f2 My name is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to append word at end of line

hello Team, I am looking for sed command or script which will append word at end of line. for example. I want to validate particular filesystem with mount |<filesystem name> command. if nodev parameter is not there then it should add in the fstab file with receptive to the filesystem. # mount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
8 Replies
Node(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Node(3pm)

NAME
XML::Node - Node-based XML parsing: an simplified interface to XML::Parser SYNOPSIS
use XML::Node; $xml_node = new XML::Node; $xml_node->register( $nodetype, $callback_type => &callback_function ); $xml_node->register( $nodetype, $callback_type => $variable ); open(FOO, 'xmlgenerator |'); $p3->parse(*FOO); close(FOO); $xml_node->parsefile( $xml_filename ); DESCRIPTION
If you are only interested in processing certain nodes in an XML file, this module can help you simplify your Perl scripts significantly. The XML::Node module allows you to register callback functions or variables for any XML node. If you register a call back function, it will be called when the node of the type you specified are encountered. If you register a variable, the content of a XML node will be appended to that variable automatically. Subroutine register accepts both absolute and relative node registrations. Here is an example of absolute path registration: 1. register(">TestCase>Name", "start" => &handle_TestCase_Name_start); Here are examples of single node name registration: 2. register( "Name", "start" => &handle_Name_start); 3. register( "Name", "end" => &handle_Name_end); 4. register( "Name", "char" => &handle_Name_char); Here is an example of attribute registration: 5. register(">TestCase:Author", "attr" => $testcase_author); Abosolute path trigger condition is recommended because a "Name" tage could appear in different places and stands for differe names. Example: 1 <Testcase> 2 <Name>Something</Name> 3 <Oracle> 4 <Name>Something</Name> 5 </Oracle> 6 </Testcase> Statement 1 causes &handle_TestCase_Name_start to be called when parsing Line 2. Statements 2,3,4 cause the three handler subroutines to be called when parsing both Line 2 and Line 4. This module uses XML::Parser. EXAMPLE
Examples "test.pl" and "parse_orders.pl" come with this perl module. SEE ALSO
XML::Parser NOTE
When you register a variable, XML::Node appends strings found to that variable. So please be sure to clear that variable before it is used again. AUTHORS
Chang Liu <liu@ics.uci.edu> LAST MODIFIED
$Date: 2001/12/10 11:38:28 $ perl v5.10.0 2001-12-11 Node(3pm)