Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to delete the line if the first letter is a single digit Post 302595745 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 4th of February 2012 04:41:26 PM
Old 02-04-2012
Code:
grep -E '^[0-9]{2}' infile

Code:
sed '/^[0-9][0-9]/!d' infile

Code:
awk '/^[0-9]{2}/' infile

whitespace proof:
Code:
awk '$1~/[0-9]{2}/' infile1039

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append 0 for single digit entered from command line

I have a script like this-- #!/bin/ksh echo "To pad a 0 before digits from 1-9" for i in $* do echo $i | sed 's//'0'/g' done I run this script as ksh name 1 2 23 34 The output should be 01 02 23 34 Help me in modifying this script. Thanks Namish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

single digit for day and month on date

hi all, how do i format the date command so it displays day and month in single digits i.e 8 instead of 08 ?? am using the command (in a ksh) : date +%D output i get is 10/08/08 thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a single space in a line

hi i have a line like TL1330000000800 000DE9248737900 08000TS0231DE92 87379AMEX0000.T N 0080000000 00000. if there any single space between strings, i need to delete, if more than one keep the space as it is can some one help thanks Satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

month in single digit

hi all, how do i get the month in single digit in ksh script ?? my command for date is : /usr/bin/date +%Om/%Oe/%y | sed 's/ //g' which returns "01/16/09" but i need the output to be "1/16/09" i.e the month without leading zero. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single digit date to double digit date.

I have a var storing date var=`date` Now the date is returned as Mon Feb 2 00:25:48 PST 2009 Is there any way to check the date field alone ("2" in above case) and if its a single digit then add a prefix 0 to it and store the result in same variable "var" My intention in above case is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single line command to delete a 6 months old file

i had this scenario where i need to delete a file that is 6 months old which is no longer needed. basically the filename is in the format of PCARDDAILYmmddyyyy.txt where the mm is the month, dd is the day, and yyyy is the year. e.g. PCARDDAILY05262009.txt PCARDDAILY05252009.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add single digit in front of the word and line in the file.

Hi , how to add the single digit to front of the word and front of the lines in the one file with compare pattern file and get digit. like example pattern file pattern.txt pattern num bala 2 raja 3 muthu 4 File Name: chennai.dat muthu is good boy raja is bad boy selvam in super... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert two digit in to single digit...

Hi Guys. My Input: ABCD 12 00 KL ABCD 12 08 DL ABCD 12 10 KK ABCD 12 04 LL ABCD 13 00 LP ABCD 13 1O LS Output: ABCD 12 0 KL ABCD 12 8 DL ABCD 12 10 KK ABCD 12 4 LL ABCD 13 0 LP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking a single digit in a file using Grep

Hi All, I have a file which keeps count based on completion of a certain activity. I am using the following grep command to return a '1' in case the count is zero grep -ic "0" abc_count.txt Now the issue happens when the count is '10', '20' etc .. in these cases as well it returns a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
5 Replies
rotatelogs(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     rotatelogs(8)

NAME
rotatelogs - rotate Apache logs without having to kill the server SYNOPSIS
rotatelogs logfile rotationtime [offset] DESCRIPTION
rotatelogs is a simple program for use in conjunction with Apache's piped logfile feature, which can be used like this: CustomLog "|bin/rotatelogs /var/logs/logfile 86400" common This creates the files /var/logs/logfile.nnnn where nnnn is the system time at which the log nominally starts (this time will always be a multiple of the rotation time, so you can synchronize cron scripts with it). At the end of each rotation time (here after 24 hours) a new log is started. OPTIONS
logfile The path plus basename of the logfile. If logfile includes any Otherwise, the suffix .nnnnnnnnnn is automatically added and is the time in seconds. Both formats compute the start time from the beginning of the current period. rotationtime The rotation time in seconds. offset The number of minutes offset from UTC. If omitted, zero is assumed and UTC is used. For example, to use local time in the zone UTC -5 hours, specify a value of -300 for this argument. PORTABILITY
The following logfile format string substitutions should be supported by all strftime(3) implementations, see the strftime(3) man page for library-specific extensions. %A full weekday name (localized) %a 3-character weekday name (localized) %B full month name (localized) %b 3-character month name (localized) %c date and time (localized) %d 2-digit day of month %H 2-digit hour (24 hour clock) %I 2-digit hour (12 hour clock) %j 3-digit day of year %M 2-digit minute %m 2-digit month %p am/pm of 12 hour clock (localized) %S 2-digit second %U 2-digit week of year (Sunday first day of week) %W 2-digit week of year (Monday first day of week) %w 1-digit weekday (Sunday first day of week) %X time (localized) %x date (localized) %Y 4-digit year %y 2-digit year %Z time zone name %% literal `%' SEE ALSO
httpd(8) March 2001 rotatelogs(8)