Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPU Count
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat CPU Count Post 302595207 by Duffs22 on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 11:03:09 AM
Old 02-02-2012
Yip, simply looking for the number of cores which according to this is 8. Thing is though it does not correspond to what the hardware mgmt interface sayes?

# hpasmcli
HP management CLI for Linux (v2.0)
Copyright 2008 Hewlett-Packard Development Group, L.P.
hpasmcli> show server
System : ProLiant BL460c G6
Serial No. : GB8033X7FV
ROM version : I24 03/30/2010
iLo present : Yes
Embedded NICs : 2
NIC1 MAC: 78:e7:d1:65:3a:60
NIC2 MAC: 78:e7:d1:65:3a:64
Processor: 0
Name : Intel Xeon
Stepping : 5
Speed : 2933 MHz
Bus : 133 MHz
Core : 4
Thread : 8
Socket : 1
Level2 Cache : 1024 KBytes
Processor total : 1

R,
D

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU count

Is there an easy way in Solaris to count the number of processors? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

4. Solaris

cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris

Can anyone tell me difference between cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris & how FSS will work with cpu-caps ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virtualization (VCPU count according to CPU)

We have purchased four intels xeon processors Intel® Xeon® Processor E7530 (12M Cache, 1.86 GHz, 5.86 GT/s Intel® QPI) with SPEC Code(s) SLBRJ As per the specification each cpu has 6 cores therefore we have 24 cores (considering 4 cpus). Now how would i calculate the number of vcpus that can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

6. AIX

topas and mpstat disagree on CPU count

I have a number of LPARs on one P520. All LPARs are running 5.3 and I observe the following: On some LPARs the number of CPUs found do not match between topas and mpstat. Server 1: $ mpstat System configuration: lcpu=4 ent=0.2 mode=Uncapped cpu min maj mpc int cs ics rq ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

finding CPU count - reading sysinfo output

Hello, sysinfo throws out below 3 CPU counts. Can anyone help me understand what each of these means? CPU Count Socketed is 2 CPU Count Physical is 8 CPU Count Virtual is 16 First one seems obvious. However, I wonder how there can be 8 Physical CPUs, if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnhegde
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

9. AIX

Topas - CPU count inconsistent across LPARs

seeing weirdness across some 7.1.5.1 LPARs - they all have 2 vCPUs allocated shared. With prtconf they show 2 CPUs, 'lsdev -c processor' concurs, and 'lsattr -El procX' shows that SMT is enabled and there are 2 SMT threads (power5, sorry). Yet running topas on them shows 2 CPUs on some and 4 on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why Entitlement CPU can't be set to same as Virtual CPU?

I read that Entitlement CPU should be set to max 75% compare to Virtual CPU. May I know the reason. I have set the Entitlement CPU = Virtual CPU on AIX . It works fine . Can you help to understand. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabhanes
1 Replies
hostinfo(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       hostinfo(8)

NAME
hostinfo -- host information SYNOPSIS
hostinfo DESCRIPTION
The hostinfo command displays information about the host system on which the command is executing. The output includes a kernel version description, processor configuration data, available physical memory, and various scheduling statistics. OPTIONS
There are no options. DISPLAY
Mach kernel version: The version string compiled into the kernel executing on the host system. Processor Configuration: The maximum possible processors for which the kernel is configured, followed by the number of physical and logical processors avail- able. Note: on Intel architectures, physical processors are referred to as cores, and logical processors are referred to as hardware threads; there may be multiple logical processors per core and multiple cores per processor package. This command does not report the number of processor packages. Processor type: The host's processor type and subtype. Processor active: A list of active processors on the host system. Active processors are members of a processor set and are ready to dispatch threads. On a single processor system, the active processor, is processor 0. Primary memory available: The amount of physical memory that is configured for use on the host system. Default processor set: Displays the number of tasks currently assigned to the host processor set, the number of threads currently assigned to the host proces- sor set, and the number of processors included in the host processor set. Load average: Measures the average number of threads in the run queue. Mach factor: A variant of the load average which measures the processing resources available to a new thread. Mach factor is based on the number of CPUs divided by (1 + the number of runnablethreads) or the number of CPUs minus the number of runnable threads when the number of runnable threads is less than the number of CPUs. The closer the Mach factor value is to zero, the higher the load. On an idle system with a fixed number of active processors, the mach factor will be equal to the number of CPUs. SEE ALSO
sysctl(8) Mac OS X October 30, 2003 Mac OS X