Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the sum of files created 5 days before Post 302594806 by bang_dba on Wednesday 1st of February 2012 08:42:44 AM
Old 02-01-2012
Find the sum of files created 5 days before

Hi,

I want to find the sum of all the files created 5 days ago and store it in a variable. (os is HP-UX)

can this be extracted from ls -l

Is there any other way of getting the sum of all the files created

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting files created before two days ago

Dear All: I want to build a shell that delete files created two or more days ago ... I think it could be built using a special command with ls or grep, I'd apreciate any help from you guys I have a lot of log files from november, december, january and this tool will help me a lot The files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created before Noon 2 days prior

Our nightly updates run in the evening and finish around 8am. My boss wants the current log files kept on the server for 2 days, but wants anything created before noon, 2 days prior archived. I was thinking of using touch to set a temporary file with a date of today-2 and a time of noon, then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files which created date before 10 days on HP-UX

Hi All, Could you please let me know if there is any one can help to create a shell script to remove some files which is the created date for them greate than 10 days (sysdate-10) Please try to email me on email removed Thanks in advance, Murad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad_fayez
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the directory modified/created before 4 days

Hi, I have an application which creates some directories while running. I want to delete these directories which are 4 days older. i tried find . type d -mtime +1 -print And it is working fine.. but find . type d -mtime +4 -print is not giving any results which are 4 days... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files created within 30 minutes

find . -name *.txt -mmin -30 This is working in Redhat but not in Solaris.. What is the equivalent option in Solaris? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tene
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directories only and delete them created 3 days before

Hello I have some directories and files created under /export/local/user I would like to delete directories only under /export/local/user, created before 3 days Can someone help me with command to do this task? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find files created some days before?

HI, I have 2 questions. 1> Is there any code to see files that created some day or some time before in a directory??? 2> how or where i will find the last exit status of a process?? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find unix file created how many days ago?

i want to find unix file created how many days ago? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
5 Replies
sum(1)								   User Commands							    sum(1)

NAME
sum - print checksum and block count for a file SYNOPSIS
sum [-r] [file...] DESCRIPTION
The sum utility calculates and prints a 16-bit checksum for the named file and the number of 512-byte blocks in the file. It is typically used to look for bad spots, or to validate a file communicated over some transmission line. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -r Use an alternate (machine-dependent) algorithm in computing the checksum. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file A path name of a file. If no files are named, the standard input is used. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of sum when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of sum: LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned. 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWesu | |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cksum(1), sum(1B), wc(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
"Read error" is indistinguishable from end of file on most devices; check the block count. NOTES
Portable applications should use cksum(1). sum and usr/ucb/sum (see sum(1B)) return different checksums. SunOS 5.10 7 Nov 1995 sum(1)