Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Line processing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Line processing Post 302594167 by bartus11 on Monday 30th of January 2012 05:08:16 PM
Old 01-30-2012
Why would you need to type all the column numbers?
Code:
awk '{$4=$16;$16=""}1' file

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing line in file

Hi I amtrying to read the lines from a file, these lines are absolute paths in the system. I want to check if these paths exists, if they doesn't I want to create that path and put a file in that location/path. I had no trouble filtering these paths out using awk, grep, uniq etc but when it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fablef00
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Multi-Line Records Processing

I am an Awk newbie and cannot wrap my brain around my problem: Given multi-line records of varying lengths separated by a blank line I need to skip the first two lines of every record and extract every-other line in each record unless the first line of the record has the word "(CONT)" in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File processing line by line

Hi, I am doing file processing line by line. while reading each line at a specified location I am searching for a particular character and then write that line to another file. Problem is while writing to another file it was supressing the spaces, which I don't want to do. Any help is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suma
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file line by line and processing for each line

Hi, I am a beginner in shell scripting. I have written the following script, which is supposed to process the while loop for each line in the sid_home.txt file. But I'm getting the 'end of file' unexpected for the last line. The file sid_home.txt gets generated as expected, but the script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file inside awk and processing line by line

Hi Sorry to multipost. I am opening the new thread because the earlier threads head was misleading to my current doubt. and i am stuck. list=`cat /u/Test/programs`; psg "ServTest" | awk -v listawk=$list '{ cmd_name=($5 ~ /^/)? $9:$8 for(pgmname in listawk) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Processing with a line break

Dear Masters, Need your help to process the below file named "breakline". At some places the rows are broken into two lines and each rows starts with a tab space. >cat breakline _Index 187 18.4K 92 137 100 190 1.0 3.3 _Index-Field 365 26.7K 74 76 75 365 1.0 2.5 _KeyEvent 0 0.0B 0 0 0 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: patric2326
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Individual Line processing in awk

Hi , I have a file like Activate your Membership now! Dear Cyrus Every relationship needs nurturing. Including ours. 2011-08-09T10:18:14Z 2011-08-09T10:18:14Z tag:gmail.google.com,2004:1376659800396305843 T League email@email.tleague.com How to refresh a graphical display through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddspark
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] line by line processing the same file

Hey, not too good at this, so I only managed a clumsy and SLOW solution to my problem that needs a drastic speed up. Any ideas how I write the following in awk only? Code is supposed to do... For every line read column values $6, $7, $8 and do a calculation with the same column values of every... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Processing: Handling spaces in a line

Hi All, Iam trying to get a file processed and some lines have spaces...the below is not working Want to remove empty line Want to remove lines that start with # Avoid line with substring WHOA When trying to get the substring from the var also Iam having trouble file is like VAR=VALUE,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
13 Replies
DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)							 1							 DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)

db2_field_name - Returns the name of the column in the result set

SYNOPSIS
string db2_field_name (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the name of the specified column in the result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the name of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_name(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_NAME(3)