Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Remap Mouse Buttons with Xmodmap Post 302592587 by ab52 on Tuesday 24th of January 2012 10:08:24 AM
Old 01-24-2012
it did nothing, but if i do this
Code:
pointer = 1 10 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 2 11 12

it makes button 10 middle mouse, but it does mean the middle mouse button does not work. is there is a way to get both working as middle click

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a better mouse trap, or How many lines of code does it take to trap a mouse?

Hello all, I'm hoping to get a little insight from some of the wily veterans amongst you. I've written a script to check for new outgoing files to our vendors located on our ssl server. It seems to be working ok, but the final question here, will be one of logic, and/or a better way to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Buttons and menues like win95

I'v got some question about x managers. I'm using FreeBSD7 + Gnome + fluxbox. when i'm trying to apply some themes, it doesn't look like it should be. All my buttons and menus are look like win95). Whaat kind of lib i should install... what should i do? Here is two printscreens. For ex. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Levenson
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar extract: remap uid gid ?

OK, so simple question here: Is there anyway to REMAP, while extracting with tar, specific uid's and gid's on extracted files ? Background: The usual transfer between two servers with same literals username's names, but with different gid and uid. I would like, for example, files owned by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidodido
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Sol10 + XDMCP + Xmodmap problems

Hi everyone, I have a Sun T5120 with Sol10-1/13 installed with JDS. XDMCP is enabled. I connect to this machine with a laptop (Debian 8 and Xephyr). I can log in remotely with XDMCP and JDS works fine, except for xmodmap. This is what my .xmodmaprc file looks like: $ cat .xmodmaprc... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toguro123
0 Replies
9wm(1)							      General Commands Manual							    9wm(1)

NAME
9wm - 8-1/2-like Window Manager for X SYNOPSIS
9wm [ -grey ] [ -version ] [ -font fname ] [ -term termprog ] [ exit|restart ] DESCRIPTION
9wm is a window manager for X which attempts to emulate the window management policies of Plan 9's 8-1/2 window manager. The -grey option makes the background light grey, as does 8-1/2. Use this option for maximum authenticity. -font fname sets the font in 9wm's menu to fname, overriding the default. -term termprog specifies an alternative program to run when the New menu item is selected. -version prints the current version on standard error, then exits. To make 9wm exit, you have to run 9wm exit on the command line. There is no ``exit'' menu item. 9wm is click-to-type: it has a notion of the current window, which is usually on top, and always has its border darkened. Characters typed at the keyboard go to the current window, and mouse clicks outside the current window are swallowed up by 9wm. To make another window the current one, click on it with button 1. Unlike other X window managers, 9wm implements `mouse focus': mouse events are sent only to the current window. A menu of window operations is available by pressing button 3 outside the current window. The first of these, New, attempts to spawn a 9term process (or xterm if 9term is not available). The new 9term will request that its outline be swept using button 3 of the mouse, by changing the cursor. (xterm defaults to a fixed size, and thus wants to be dragged; pressing button 3 places it.) The next four menu items are Reshape, Move, Delete, and Hide. All of the operations change the cursor into a target, prompting the user to click button 3 on one of the windows to select it for the operation. At this stage, clicking button 1 or 2 will abort the operation. Oth- erwise, if the operation was Resize, the user is prompted to sweep out the new outline with button 3. If it was Move, the user should keep the button held down after the initial click that selected the window, and drag the window to the right place before releasing. In either case, button 1 or 2 will abort the operation. If the Delete operation is selected, the window will be deleted when the button is released. This typically kills the client that owns the window. The Hide operation just makes the window invisible. While hidden, the window's name appears on the bottom of the button 3 menu. Selecting that item brings the window back (unhides it). This operation replaces the iconification feature provided by other window man- agers. BUGS
Is not completely compatible with 8-1/2. There is a currently a compiled-in limit of 32 hidden windows. SEE ALSO
9term(1), xterm(1). 9wm(1)