Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Set internal hard drives unaccessible to imager Post 302591797 by traustic on Friday 20th of January 2012 03:49:17 PM
Old 01-20-2012
found it under /etc/udev/rules.d/z60_hdparm.rules

this file is extracted on startup of live cd so I would have to change the source image to reflect changes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard drives

Will some one tell me what this means. "warning: ida 0 <slot 6> : command timed out on dev 1/42 blk 4824290 logical unit=0 blocks=5512102, size 2, cmd=0x20." I'm running SCO 505 on a proliant 1600r. Thnank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
3 Replies

2. Linux

No Hard Drives Have Been Found

I am using an Acer Aspire 4720Z with two partitions C and D. Windows is installed on C and I decided to install Red Hat Linux 9 in partition D. The two partitions are in NTFS file system. During my installation of the the Linux, a prompt was displayed on screen with the message: "No hard drives... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamcomng
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Opinions on Internal SCSI Tape Drives for FreeBSD home server?

Any recommend manufacturers for an internal SCSI tape drive in my FreeBSD 7.0 home server? Besides RAID-1, I'm not backing-up, but man, are they expensive! What makes a tape drive so darn pricy? There is no way I can afford a new drive so I'll start looking on eBay and craigslist to see if there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aaron Van
3 Replies

4. Solaris

formating and repartitioning an external hard drives

Version: solaris 10 x86 I just got a western digital external harddrive formated with fat 32. this drive came with some setup files which is meant for windows or mac. I want to reformat and partition this drive into two ( for solaris and windows) such that the setup files will still be there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help adding new hard drives

Folks; I just added 2 physical new hard drives to my SUSE server. My server is already running SUSE 10.3 version. Is there a command i can use to add the new space or even see if the system can sees them? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Reinstall old hard drives

I have a T2000 Sun-Fire server. I have 2 sets of drives in a raid 1. Lets call them Set A and Set B. I had Set A installed and working. I needed a new install so I so build up Set B. After some time I wanted to put Set A back in the server. Now the system will not boot off of Set A. I tried to boot... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stu1811
7 Replies

8. Hardware

Hard Drives and MBR

Hello everyone. I have a question which I may know the answer to, I'm just looking for a confirmation. When it comes to the MBR of a hard drive, i've read in multiple sources that it's always located in the first sector of the hard drive. Is the MBR there from the factory? When I buy a new blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Accessing Hard Drives

Hi, I have two SCSI Hard Drives in a Sun Solaris 8 server as shown below. I would like to access Disk1 and look at its contents, directory structure and files. How do I change my default directory from Disk 0 to Disk 1 and vice versa? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Understanding volumes and hard drives

Ok so i thought i was smart but i can tell I need some help. I am playing around with understanding lvm and adding disks to a linux box. I added a disk and then ran what i thought were commands to add this disk to the box but I think I messed up and would like some help. My question is did i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cptkirkh
5 Replies
CRDA(8) 							       Linux								   CRDA(8)

NAME
crda - send to the kernel a wireless regulatory domain for a given ISO / IEC 3166 alpha2 SYNOPSIS
crda Description crda is the Linux wireless central regulatory domain agent. crda is intended to be used by udev scripts and should not be run manually unless debugging udev scripts. crda is triggered to run by the kernel by sending a udev event upon a new regulatory domain change. Regula- tory domain changes are triggered by the wireless kernel subsystem (upon initialization and on reception of country IEs), wireless drivers, or userspace (see iw ). Upon a regulatory domain change the kernel sends a udev change event for the regulatory platform. The kernel ignores regulatory domains sent to it if it does not expect them. The regulatory domain is read by crda from the regulatory.bin file. RSA Digital Signature If built with openssl or gcrypt support crda will have embedded into it an RSA digital signature which will prevent it from reading cor- rupted or non-authored regulatory.bin files. Authorship is respected by the RSA public key packed into crda. This specific crda package has been built with an RSA public key from John Linville (the Linux wireless kernel maintainer) and as such will only read regulatory.bin files signed by him. For further information see the regulatory.bin man page. UDEV RULE
A udev regulatory rule must be put in place in order to receive and parse udev events from the kernel in order to get udev to call crda with the passed ISO / IEC 3166 alpha2 country code. An example udev rule which can be used (usually in /lib/udev/rules.d/85-regula- tory.rules ): KERNEL=="regulatory*", ACTION=="change", SUBSYSTEM=="platform", RUN+="/sbin/crda" Environment variable Set the COUNTRY environment variable with a specific ISO / IEC 3166 alpha2 country code and then run crda without arguments. This will send a regulatory domain for that alpha2 to the kernel. SEE ALSO
iw(8) regulatory.bin(5) http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Regulatory/ crda 23 January 2009 CRDA(8)