Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: setting locale en_US.UTF-8
Operating Systems Solaris setting locale en_US.UTF-8 Post 302590653 by amitranjansahu on Tuesday 17th of January 2012 05:34:31 AM
Old 01-17-2012
a system reboot is required after setting the locale. After the restart please check the output of locale command

PHP Code:
#locale 

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Locale setting

Hi, In the sample program, I am trying to print a Japanese string. The code is as follows: main() { setlocale(LC_ALL,""); printf("String is %S\n", L"JAP"); // Note "JAP" is a valid japanese string } If locale is C, the string gets printed, but if it a valid japanese locale, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dippan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 locale setting

Hello does anybody know how to change the LC_TIME locale on solaris 8 to dd/mm/YYYY currently it is set to. #locale -ck LC_TIME d_fmt="%m/%d/%y" Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thangorn
1 Replies

3. Solaris

en_GB.UTF-8 locale - which Solaris package?

Hi, I need to locate the Solaris package that installs the en_GB.UTF-8 package in /usr/lib/locale. Can anyone tell me which package it is? I have installed all the locale related packages i can see from the Solrais 8 media but none contain the required locale. My problem is that i can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kitzel
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sol 10 on SUN V490: Setting LOCALE

Hi all, We've upgraded/migrated our production server from Sol 9 on a Sun V480 to Sol 10 on a V490 server. How do I set/change the following values on Solaris 10: Solaris 9: $> locale LANG= LC_CTYPE=en_US.ISO8859-1 LC_NUMERIC=en_US.ISO8859-1 LC_TIME=en_US.ISO8859-1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewets
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Setting a locale in Redhat ES 4

Hi, I am writing a shell script which would ask user to select a locale and should set the locale for them. In the script I am doing export LANG=<user selected locale> and i do 'locale' it would show me the changed locale. But, when I come out of the program and do 'locale' it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
3 Replies

6. AIX

en_us.utf-8

please someone provide me the link for downloading en_us.utf-8 .....i have an issue with locale for which i need this :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhendu.pyne
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing en_US.UTF-8 on Solaris 10. Newbie.

Hi, I am looking to install en_US.UTF-8 on to a solaris 10 Sparc server. Is it possible to install this character set from the iso image? I have an iso image only (sol_10_u.iso) on CD. I have used the command below but with no success. Any pointers to get this installed would be greatly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
5 Replies

8. AIX

Missing base level fileset for "bos.loc.utf.EN_US"

I need to install "bos.loc.utf.EN_US" in AIX ( version 6100-06-05-1115). I found the right bff U845493 and I smitty to install it and encountered the "missing requisites" error in which missing the "base level fileset" . And I couldn't find this fileset from the Internet for long. Do any one able... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshcheng
2 Replies

9. Linux

Help to Convert file from UNIX UTF-8 to Windows UTF-16

Hi, I have tried to convert a UTF-8 file to windows UTF-16 format file as below from unix machine unix2dos < testing.txt | iconv -f UTF-8 -t UTF-16 > out.txt and i am getting some chinese characters as below which l opened the converted file on windows machine. LANG=en_US.UTF-8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
3 Replies

10. AIX

Perl error : perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

This's my problem perl: warning: Setting locale failed. perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LC_ALL = "en_US.UTF-8", LC__FASTMSG = "true", LC_MESSAGES = "", LC_CTYPE = "en_US.UTF-8", LC_TYPE = "en_US.UTF-8", LANG = "EN_US"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies
uxterm(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    uxterm(1)

NAME
uxterm - X terminal emulator for Unicode (UTF-8) environments SYNOPSIS
uxterm [ xterm-options ] DESCRIPTION
uxterm is a wrapper around the xterm(1) program that invokes the latter program with the 'UXTerm' X resource class set. All arguments to uxterm are passed to xterm without processing; the -class and -u8 options should not be specified because they are used by the wrapper. See the xterm manual page for more information on xterm-options. The environment's locale settings (see "ENVIRONMENT" below) are used to discern the locale's character set. If no current locale can be determined, the locale 'en_US' (the English language as used in the territory of the United States) is assumed. The locale(1) utility is used to determine whether the system supports the selected locale. If it does not, uxterm will exit with an error and report the output of locale. Note: uxterm may produce unexpected results if the current locale is set to one in which the UTF-8 character encoding is not supported, or if fonts using the ISO 10646-1 character set are not available. In the Debian system, the 'xfonts-base' package provides the fonts that uxterm uses by default. To change the fonts uxterm uses, edit the /etc/X11/app-defaults/UXTerm file. A similar wrapper, koi8rxterm(1), is available for KOI8-R environments. ENVIRONMENT
LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LANG The values of these variables are checked, in order, to determine the character set used by the current locale. AUTHOR
Thomas Dickey SEE ALSO
locale(1), locale(7), koi8rxterm(1), xterm(1) Debian Project 2004-12-19 uxterm(1)