Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dump display to a file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dump display to a file Post 302590496 by frappa on Monday 16th of January 2012 12:06:38 PM
Old 01-16-2012
hi,
read ‘man tee‘ it may be what u need
see ya
fra

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Importing dump file

Hi, I am trying to import 22 .dmp files but facing the problem with the last table file it never ends the import command, only the table is created but the rows of the table don't get imported. This is the problem with only ine table rest 21 tables are being imported properly. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dump an array in a file

Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to dump the content of an array into a specified part of a file. I know that I can redirect the output in a way that the array adds in the text file, this is done with ">>", but doing by this way, puts the array at the end of the file, and I'm asking for some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMD
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

core dump file size

Hi All, is there any way to find out the optimal/would be size of the cor dump file generated by the system while a process got terminated abnormally? Basically we have been asked to provide the size of the core dump file being generated by the administrators who maintained the UNIX boxes.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pushp.gahlot
4 Replies

5. Programming

How to use a core dump file

Hi All, May be it is a stupid question, but, I would like to know what is the advantage using a core dump file at the moment of debugging using gdb. I know a core dump has information about the state of the application when it crashed, but, what is the difference between debugging using the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
2 Replies

6. Programming

Best way to dump metadata to file: when and by who?

Hi, my application (actually library) indexes a file of many GB producing tables (arrays of offset and length of the data indexed) for later reuse. The tables produced are pretty big too, so big that I ran out of memory in my process (3GB limit), when indexing more than 8GB of file or so.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot generate core dump file

Segmentation fault(core dumped) but I cant find core file any where. how to make it out? I try the command:ulimit -c unlimited, I even added it to the .bashrc file.And I removed ulimit setting in /etc/init.d/function. And there's no ulimit setting in /etc/profile. And I tried sudo find /... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
8 Replies

8. Solaris

copy crash dump file

Hi gurus, I will be glad if anyone can help me with this: How do you copy a crash dump file to send to your support provider? Thanks lots guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip dump file using expdp:

Hi All, i am using expdp to create a dump file of contents from an oracle table. I want this dump file to be zipped. Is there a way/ option in expdp where the dump file will be automatically zipped when its been created. If not please suggest other methods. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Extract content of .dump file

We have been provided a .dump file.The need is to extract the contents(may includes files and folder). ls -lZ didnt help me as Z is not a valid option. How to extract the file contents ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
7 Replies
dump(n) 																   dump(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
dump - Dump information about Tcl interpreter in TkCon SYNOPSIS
dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The dump command provides a way for the user to spit out state information about the interpreter in a Tcl readable (and human readable) form. It takes the general form: dump method ?-nocomplain? ?-filter pattern? ?--? pattern ?pattern ...? The patterns represent glob-style patterns (as in string match pattern $str). -nocomplain will prevent dump from throwing an error if no items matched the pattern. -filter is interpreted as appropriate for the method. The various methods are: dump command args Outputs one or more commands. dump procedure args Outputs one or more procs in sourceable form. dump variable args Outputs the values of variables in sourceable form. Recognizes nested arrays. The -filter pattern is used as to filter array ele- ment names and is interepreted as a glob pattern (defaults to {*}). It is passed down for nested arrays. dump widget args Outputs one or more widgets by giving their configuration options. The -filter pattern is used as to filter the config options and is interpreted as a case insensitive regexp pattern (defaults to {.*}). SEE ALSO
idebug(n), observe(n), tkcon(1), tkcon(n), tkconrc(5) KEYWORDS
Tk, console, dump COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Jeffrey Hobbs <jeff at hobbs.org> TkCon 2.5 dump(n)