Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Right On Time, Somewhere
The Lounge War Stories Right On Time, Somewhere Post 302589990 by Corona688 on Friday 13th of January 2012 10:27:21 AM
Old 01-13-2012
Testing it in dev first. If I mess up a production system, it's hours of driving and sometimes a bit of sledding to fix them in person, especially at this time of year.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Provide Time Sync Using Nts-150 Time Server On Unix Network?

can anybody tel lme,how to instal NTS -150 on a unix network,it needs some patch to fetch time frm serve,,?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pesty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start time/end time and status of crontab job

Is there anyway to get the start time and end time / status of a crontab job which was just completed? Of course, we know the start time of the crontab job since we are scheduling. But I would like to know process start and time recorded somewhere or can be fetched from a command like 'ps'. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

5. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time into current UNIX sever time zone

Hi guys thanks for the help for my previous posts.Now i have a requirement that i download a XMl file which has UTC time stamp.I need to convert UTC time into Unix server timezone. For ex if the time zone of unix server is CDT then i need to convert into CDT.whatever may be the system time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

7. Programming

Find gaps in time data and replace missing time value and column 2 value by interpolation in awk

Dear all, I am kindly seeking assistance on the following issue. I am working with data that is sampled every 0.05 hours (that is 3 minutes intervals) here is a sample data from the file 5.00000 15.5030 5.05000 15.6680 5.10000 16.0100 5.15000 16.3450 5.20000 16.7120 5.25000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Time diff in milli milliseconds(Time format : HH:MM:SS,NNN)

Hi All, I have one file which contains time for request and response. I want to calculate time difference in milliseconds for each line. This file can contain 10K lines. Sample file with 4 lines. for first line. Request Time: 15:23:45,255 Response Time: 15:23:45,258 Time diff... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
6 Replies
nfs2_nra(5)							File Formats Manual						       nfs2_nra(5)

NAME
nfs2_nra - control the number of read-ahead operations queued by the NFS version 2 client when sequentially accessing a file VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values A warning will be issued at runtime if the tunable is set to a value greater than 16 since this is beyond the tested limit. This is not a serious warning but just an information message for the administrator. DESCRIPTION
controls the number of read-ahead operations that are queued by the NFS version 2 client when sequential access to a file is discovered. These read-ahead operations increase concurrency and read throughput. Each read-ahead request is generally for 8192 bytes of file data. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? The distributed file system administrator should examine this value depending on network bandwidth and memory pressure on the client. Restrictions on Changing The tunable is dynamic; tuning will take effect immediately on the running system. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? If the network is very high bandwidth and the client and server have sufficient resources, increase this value to more effectively utilize the available network bandwidth, the client resources, and the server resources. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? Tuning incorrectly based on network bandwidth can cause performance problems. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? In a very low bandwidth network, you might want to decrease this value so the NFS client does not overload the network. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? Tuning incorrectly based on network bandwidth can cause performance problems. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), sam(1M), gettune(2), settune(2), nfs3_nra(5), nfs4_nra(5), values(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters nfs2_nra(5)