Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Viewing changes in directory
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Tips and Tutorials Viewing changes in directory Post 302589979 by ctsgnb on Friday 13th of January 2012 09:12:55 AM
Old 01-13-2012
For education pupose ... the tedious way Smilie
Code:
ksh
while :
do
trap break INT
clear
ls -ld *
sleep 2
done

press Ctrl+C when willing to break the loop.
This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing files in a directory?

How do I view files in a directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ania
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

viewing tables

I have completely blanked out on this and I have done it a million times. I need to modify some tables in unix. What is the command for opening/viewing the tables? Thanks so much. :o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itldp
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pdf viewing

How do I view pdf files on a Solaris 9 environment? Links and such would be grateful. "AAAAHHH!! They're everywhere!!!" - Halo Grunt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing files

I have a file (called CORE) that is a dump created by a crashing process. This file, I believe, is in "binary" form, so when I try to use cat, more, or vi on it, it has a bunch of garbage. Is there anything I can use to "read" or view this file just like I might a non-binary file? I am running... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing Directory Content as You Navigate Directories in UNIX

Hi, Can someone help me figure out how to view directory content while I navigate directories (without having to go to the actual directory and "ls-ing" it)? Is there some keyboard shortcut for this? For instance, it would be useful if I could see the content of a directory when I'm copying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelata
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bourne shell viewing files in directory

Hi, I have a program that get a directory name from the user, then the program should go through one by one of the file, asking the user whether to move it to another folder. I tried to list the time of the file one by one. But it seems like it doesn't work. The code is as follow: check() {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mInGzaiii
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

viewing lines

Hey, I know the head and tail function is to view like the top or bottom lines for each file. But lets say I want to view the top/bottom 100 or top/bottom 1000 for a file. whats the command that I use to do this? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX: Problem viewing directory with BDF...

Hi all, When I use BDF command on this particular server, it outputs mostly normal stuff. However, there is one directory it can't read at all. Also, it doesn't seem to exist. When I BDF my file system with a small panic script (it happens even if you use just the bdf command): As you... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with viewing the Log files

I have a file name as logfiles_tar.tgz. How can I view the contents of the log files present in logfiles_tar.tgz ? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing file size in current directory

What is the command line for viewing the sizes(lines and bytes)of all the files in your present working directory? Is it >ls -la (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Payton2704
2 Replies
remove directory(1m)													      remove directory(1m)

NAME
remove directory - Removes a value from a set-valued or single-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp remove directory directory-name attribute-name [= attribute-value] ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. The name of a particular attribute. Specify only one attribute at a time. See the cds_attributes file for the list of attributes and corresponding data types that your application uses. The value of a particular attribute. The value of an application-defined attribute is dependent on the type of attribute. DESCRIPTION
The remove directory command removes a value from a set-valued or single-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of a directory. If you do not specify a value, the command removes the entire attribute. This command can delete attributes created by the add directory and set directory commands. Usually this task is performed through the client application. See the OSF DCE Administration Guide for more information about attributes. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the directory. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
To remove the value 1 from the user-defined, set-valued attribute dirregion of a directory named /.:/sales, follow these steps: Read the cds_attributes file to check that the attribute dirregion is listed, as shown in the following display: OID LABEL SYNTAX 1.3.22.1.3.66 dirregion small Enter the following command to remove the value 1 from the attribute dirregion. cdscp> remove directory /.:/sales dirregion = 1 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add directory(1m), list directory(1m), set directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m) Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide remove directory(1m)