Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to make Multiple partitions in a slice (solaris sparc 10)? Post 302589653 by big_zer0 on Thursday 12th of January 2012 10:08:06 AM
Old 01-12-2012
^

It'll be very helpful,if you show the steps......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Is it possible to resize a slice under Solaris 8

I have encountered my first problem of the year at work with one of our NMS servers. We would like to migrate Cisco Works to Solaris, as it is currently running on NT. The NMS is already running OpenView NNM 6.2 (primary NMS program). Anyhow the /var slice is only 6 mb and is almost full, as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obsolesence
2 Replies

2. Solaris

mirroring the boot slice (slice 8) on x86

Hi there I am about to mirror a Solaris 10 x86 box (SunFire X4100) onto a secondary disk using svm (current system is one disk). My question is this, on X86 boxes there is a slice 8 defined as boot partition (and also a slice 9, dunno what its used for tho). Do I need to mirror this boot slice... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

make Ubuntu and Red Hat boot partitions

Is it possible to make multiboot partitions of Ubuntu and red hat Linux? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Make another set of root(/), /boot, /home and other partitions?

Hello, As a purely learning purpose I am trying to make another set of partitions along my existing Ubuntu11.10 box. The reason to do this partition is to try a new Linux system by myself following "Linux From Scratch" (LFS). Because the instruction of LFS seems for very advanced user (I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for help with script to assign all disk space to slice#0 on multiple disks of varying sizes

Hi Folks, I am trying to make a script to assign all diskspace to slice 0, on multiple sized disks. Since the disks are new they may need to be labelled also to avoid the error: Cannot get disk geometry Below is my code struggling with logic which doesn't seem to be producing the desired... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris: Expanding / Extending a mount point / Slice

I'm new to UNIX, sort of inherited this job. I have an HP lefthand SAN, where I added 100GB to one of the volumes. As I understand I also have to expand the volume on the server (solaris 10 ) as well. So, how do I do that? The file system is called: sybdump. the mount point is /export/xxx/sybdump.... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spaseman
19 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Volume Manager - adding slice to metadb

Hi all, I added a new disk slice to the current metadb. Below is what I see bash-3.2# metadb -i flags first blk block count a m p luo 16 8192 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7 a p luo 8208 8192 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Multiple swap spaces after refresh Solaris 11.3 install on Sparc T5-2

Hi The following is the output of "df -h" and "zfs list" right after fresh installation of Solaris 11.3 on Sparc T5-2 with 256GB memory. Because the server has 256GB of memory, I think Solaris created swap file system mounted on /system/volatile and /tmp, but my question is, zfs also has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonu
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make partitions in a text file?

Suppose I have a file named intro.txt and its content is as follows My name is Ankit. I am 18. I am a college student. So I want make partitions in this and store it as 1. name.txt - I am 18. 2. age.txt - I am 18. 3. student.txt -I am a college student. How do I do that in terminal? edit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
1 Replies
isdnbill(1)						       Linux System Commands						       isdnbill(1)

NAME
isdnbill - report isdn costs DESCRIPTION
isdnbill is a simple and imperfect utility to show the bill for ISDN calls. Note that it is only for indicative purposes! It works best in Germany, and even then there are no guarantees. Consider its use for educational purposes only... For better results, use isdnrep. OPTIONS
-V show version -a show all connections -e show incomplete calls -f recalculate costs _always_ -i show incoming calls -m prices without VAT -n do _not_ replace numbers with aliases -o show outgoing calls -t show only current connections -vn verbose level n -Nnnn show only calls with the specified number -I show only calls on the internal S0 bus -E show only calls on the external S0 bus FILES
/var/log/isdn.log or /var/lib/isdn/calls isdnlog log file with information about all calls. /etc/isdn/isdn.conf general configuration /etc/isdn/callerid.conf aliases for telephone numbers SEE ALSO
isdnlog(5) isdnlog(8) isdnrep(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Paul Slootman <paul@debian.org>, for Debian GNU/Linux. ISDN 4 Linux 3.13 2003-10-14 isdnbill(1)