Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPU usage
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CPU usage Post 302589347 by methyl on Wednesday 11th of January 2012 11:10:55 AM
Old 01-11-2012
Within "ps", "args" is the command which was being run. Can help to work out which process is which. Depends what you are looking for.

The \^ before "grep" means "lines starting with". In my version of "ps" there is a single space character at the beginning of the line before the cpu percentage. Yours could be quite different.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

3. Programming

Cpu usage

Hi all, When I have a below while loop in my code (This observation is same for C and Perl) i= 0; while(1) { i++; } for above the CPU uses goes beyond 49% on hp-ux machine, why cpu usage increase at this level for just a simple while loop? and if I have a single print statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. Programming

CPU usage

Hi all, I'm using python and psutil a library to get system informations like cpu usage (percent) for a given process. My question is if I have the value in % of the cpu usage how I could get the cpu usage in cycle number I mean not in percent? Thanks a lot D. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
5 Replies

9. AIX

Overall CPU Usage

Hi Guys, I am a newbie on the forum. This is my first post, so first of all I would like to introduce myself. I am a SAS Analyst programmer working for an Health Insurance client. SAS is installed on a 16 CPU AIX Server with partitions running with shared processor. I have couple of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhiim2003
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

CPU Usage

Hi Experts, We encountered problem in one of the production system where some processes were taking higher CPU and after some time it came back to normal.. From system prespective, is there any way to check why processes took more cpu during that particular period. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
16 Replies
CPU(1)							      General Commands Manual							    CPU(1)

NAME
cpu - connection to cpu server SYNOPSIS
cpu [ -h server ] [ -c cmd args ... ] DESCRIPTION
Cpu starts an rc(1) running on the server machine, or the machine named in the $cpu environment variable if there is no -h option. Rc's standard input, output, and error files will be /dev/cons in the name space where the cpu command was invoked. Normally, cpu is run in an 81/2(1) window on a terminal, so rc output goes to that window, and input comes from the keyboard when that window is current. Rc's cur- rent directory is the working directory of the cpu command itself. The name space for the new rc is an analogue of the name space where the cpu command was invoked: it is the same except for architecture- dependent bindings such as /bin and the use of fast paths to file servers, if available. If a -c argument is present, the remainder of the command line is executed by rc on the server, and then cpu exits. The name space is built by running /usr/$user/lib/profile with the root of the invoking name space bound to /mnt/term. The service envi- ronment variable is set to cpu; the cputype and objtype environment variables reflect the server's architecture. FILES
The name space of the terminal side of the cpu command is mounted on the CPU side on directory /mnt/term. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/cpu.c SEE ALSO
rc(1), 81/2(1) BUGS
Binds and mounts done after the terminal lib/profile is run are not reflected in the new name space. CPU(1)