Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Why am I persistent to be WRONG! Post 302588373 by admin_xor on Sunday 8th of January 2012 06:42:42 PM
Old 01-08-2012
What exactly happened by the way? Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux - Persistent routes not working

Hello, I'm having problems with persistent routes. I have the route added to route-eth1. But when I run the 'route' command to display the routes, it does not show the newly added route. I did restart the network service. That did not help. I also rebooted the server, but still did not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Persistent variable

I found a way to make a numeric variable persistent for a script : #!/bin/bash function Persist() { # 1:Expression like VARIABLE=Value (numeric) local V=${1%=*} eval "$1" sed -i "s/^$V=*/$1/" $(which $(basename $0)) || return 1 }And how to use itAA=12 read -p "Enter a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frans
2 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP Persistent IP blacklisted

Hi, I want to use the service IP incase for any network activity rather than the persistent IP as the Persistent IP is blacklisted in our network. Is there any way to make the service ip as LPARs default IP to be used as the lpars source IP incase it pings anything or acceses any external... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
6 Replies

4. AIX

Unable to add persistent IP

i am trying to make HACMP but when i add a persistent ip, error shows unable to determine address for 'UPIDGIS1_pers' pls help me out AIX - 5.3 HACMP -5.4 thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply.ravi
2 Replies

5. AIX

PowerHA, same subnet for persistent and service ip

I am new in AIX and please forgive my poor english. I know that AIX allow same subnet IPs for different interfaces, which result in multipath routing / route striping. My question is, is there any best practice for the persistent and service IP with same subnet to stay on same interface, or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeyeung
5 Replies

6. Solaris

aggr not persistent after a reboot

All, I hope someone can help me on my problem with an aggregate, as I am a Solaris noob. I tried doing this according to the official documentation from Oracle (unfortunately, as a new user to the forum, I may not post URLs...) and also googled a lot around, but have not found any solution yet.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Captainquark
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

8. Programming

Python Request Persistent

I noticed that when attempting to download videos from the url, I receive a 403 forbidden when I get through to a certain point in my downloads. I can download a third of the videos but will error: Retrieving file 'blah-video.f4v'... Traceback (most recent call last): ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

9. AIX

BootIP vs Persistent IP in HACMP

I have done other clusters (HP MC/Service Guard and oracle Clusters, and RHEL Cluster services), and have good idea about hacmp (a little older knowledge). However the term "Boot IP" for some reason is messing with my head. Have not done HACMP since the 4.1.2.X days. Is the Bootip the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies
GIT-NAME-REV(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-NAME-REV(1)

NAME
git-name-rev - Find symbolic names for given revs SYNOPSIS
git name-rev [--tags] [--refs=<pattern>] ( --all | --stdin | <committish>... ) DESCRIPTION
Finds symbolic names suitable for human digestion for revisions given in any format parsable by git rev-parse. OPTIONS
--tags Do not use branch names, but only tags to name the commits --refs=<pattern> Only use refs whose names match a given shell pattern. --all List all commits reachable from all refs --stdin Read from stdin, append "(<rev_name>)" to all sha1's of nameable commits, and pass to stdout --name-only Instead of printing both the SHA-1 and the name, print only the name. If given with --tags the usual tag prefix of "tags/" is also omitted from the name, matching the output of git-describe more closely. --no-undefined Die with error code != 0 when a reference is undefined, instead of printing undefined. --always Show uniquely abbreviated commit object as fallback. EXAMPLE
Given a commit, find out where it is relative to the local refs. Say somebody wrote you about that fantastic commit 33db5f4d9027a10e477ccf054b2c1ab94f74c85a. Of course, you look into the commit, but that only tells you what happened, but not the context. Enter git name-rev: % git name-rev 33db5f4d9027a10e477ccf054b2c1ab94f74c85a 33db5f4d9027a10e477ccf054b2c1ab94f74c85a tags/v0.99~940 Now you are wiser, because you know that it happened 940 revisions before v0.99. Another nice thing you can do is: % git log | git name-rev --stdin GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-NAME-REV(1)