"Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack"

Post #302587695 by saurabhkoar on Thursday 5th of January 2012 02:55:45 PM

Thanks a lot. Doubt clear Smilie

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #141
Difficulty: Easy
The original Unix operating system was not written in assembly language.
True or False?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

User Frame & Stack

Can anybody tell me what a user frame & stack looks like on a sun, hp, powerpc system? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Budnik
0 Replies

2. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to set stack for Oracle's user?

Hi all! I've got a problem. Primary: Sun Sparc V890, 64bit Standby: HP-Proliant ML 350, 64bit In the machine that I've got configured physical standby database, the alert_log_file point me one error: Sat Feb 28 00:40:08 2009 ORA-00202: control file:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
5 Replies

4. SCO

SCO Openserver Kernel and network stack

Hi everybody My SCO 5.0.2 OpenServer got its kernel corruptions and network stack was accicentially deleted. I would like to know if we have any chance to rebuild its kernel and network stack. Any help will be great thankfully appreciate TN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Precaution to access user mode buffers from kernel

When accessing a user mode buffers from kernel space drivers what precautions must we take and how those precautions need to be implemented? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View User Mode Call Stack of Hung Process

I have a multithreaded usermode program(actually a daemon) which is in hanged state. To debug it I tried attaching the process to gdb, but the gdb hangs. gstack also gets hanged. I peeped into the proc file system and saw the process to be in sleeping state. /proc/sysrq-trigger I guess... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies
Tspi_EncodeDER_TssBlob(3)			     TCG Software Stack Developer's Reference				 Tspi_EncodeDER_TssBlob(3)

NAME
Tspi_EncodeDER_TssBlob - generate a DER encoded TSS blob. SYNOPSIS
#include <tss/tspi.h> TSS_RESULT Tspi_EncodeDER_TssBlob(UINT32 rawBlobSize, BYTE* rawBlob, UINT32 blobType, UINT32* derBlobSize, BYTE* derBlob); DESCRIPTION
Tspi_EncodeDER_TssBlob is used to generate a DER-encoded blob in accordance with the ASN.1 data definitions in the Portable Data section of the Trusted Computing Group Software Stack Specification Version 1.2. PARAMETERS
rawBlobSize Size of the unwrapped blob. rawBlob Pointer to the unwrapped blob. blobType Type of blob being wrapped (refer to the TSS_BLOB_TYPE_* constants). derBlobSize Pointer to the size of the derBlob buffer. On input this parameter contains a pointer to the maximum size of the supplied derBlob buffer. On output this parameter contains a pointer to the actual size of the DER-encoded blob. On input, if this parameter points to a value of 0, then this function will return the size of the buffer required to hold the DER-encoded blob without writing to the derBlob buffer. Note: If the raw data blob length is less than 2^16 bytes then the DER-encoding may add no more than 20 bytes. derBlob Pointer to a buffer to hold the DER-encoded blob. RETURN CODES
Tspi_EncodeDER_TssBlob returns TSS_SUCCESS on success, otherwise one of the following values are returned: TSS_E_BAD_PARAMETER TSS_E_INTERNAL_ERROR - An error occurred internal to the TSS. CONFORMING TO
Tspi_EncodeDER_TssBlob conforms to the Trusted Computing Group Software Specification Version 1.2 SEE ALSO
Tspi_DecodeBER_TssBlob(3). TSS 1.2 2007-06-12 Tspi_EncodeDER_TssBlob(3)

Featured Tech Videos