Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to print value from txt file to csv Post 302586274 by itkamaraj on Saturday 31st of December 2011 03:09:55 AM
Old 12-31-2011
Code:
$ awk '{for(i=1;i<NF;i++){printf("%s ",$i)} printf(",%s\n",$NF)}' test.txt 
OS Related Issues ,1
EMEA Solutions ,9
Global Solutions ,2

---------- Post updated at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:25 PM ----------

Code:
$ awk '$NF=","$NF' test.txt
OS Related Issues ,1
EMEA Solutions ,9
Global Solutions ,2

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format txt file to CSV

Hi All, I have a file with content FLIGHT PLANS PRODUCED ON 26.08.2008(SORTED BY FPLAN NUMBER) RUN DATED 27/08/08 PAGE 1 -------------------------------------------------------------- FPLAN FPLAN PRE BTCH BATCH POST BTCH BATCH BATCH ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting txt file in csv

HI All, I have a text file memory.txt which has following values. Average: 822387 7346605 89.93 288845 4176593 2044589 51883 2.47 7600 i want to convert this file in csv format and i am using following command to do it. sed s/_/\./g <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

txt file to CSV

hi.. I have a text file which looks likes this 2258 4569 1239 258 473 i need to convert it into comma seperated format eg:2258,4569,1239,258,437 pls help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk '{print $ from file1.txt}'

Hi All, I have a file1.txt where the index of the columns are placed. I want to get the columns from file2.txt corresponding to these index numbers. I was usually using awk '{print $5, $6, $2, $3, ...}' file2.txt > output.txt However, this list is very long. So, i want to read the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk append fileA.txt to growing file B.txt

This is appending a column. My question is fairly simple. I have a program generating data in a form like so: 1 20 2 22 3 23 4 12 5 43 For ever iteration I'm generating this data. I have the basic idea with cut -f 2 fileA.txt | paste -d >> FileB.txt ???? I want FileB.txt to grow, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting txt file into CSV using awk or sed

Hello folks I have a txt file of information about journal articles from different fields. I need to convert this information into a format that is easier for computers to manipulate for some research that I'm doing on how articles are cited. The file has some header information and then details... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a .csv file from 2 different .txt files?

Hi, I need to create a .csv file from information that i have in two different tab delimited .txt file. I just want to select some of the columns of each .txt file and paste them into a .cvs file. My files look like: File 1 transcript_id Seq. Description Seq. Length ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisrpp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to convert TXT file into CSV

Hi Team, i have some script which give output in TXT format , need script to convert TXT file into CSV. Output.TXT 413. U-UU-LVDT-NOD-6002 macro_outcome_dist-8.0.0(v1_0_2) KK:1.2.494 (1234:333:aaa:2333:3:2:333:a) 414. U-UU-LVDT-NOD-6004 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
10 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)