Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX When AIX audit start, How to set the /audit/stream.out file size ? Post 302586017 by nnnnnnine on Friday 30th of December 2011 01:51:14 AM
Old 12-30-2011
Hi, admin_xor

Thanks for your reply.

If possible best way is use audit subsystem to change the restrict of file size.

Use script to copy a stream.out to a new file (ex. stream.out.1).

It has a problem, when stream.out copy to stream.out.1 there may have some record loss..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

server audit

Hi all.. I need to perform an audit on my servers (ranging form mdk to redhat, knoppix...). I know there exists somewhere a script that could get me back the info i want.. I've googled around, and haven't found anything interesting.. Anyone have some thing i could investigate? Thanx ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Enabling C2 audit

hey guys, im going to enable C2 auditing on a sun box, i know how to do it, but im just wondering if there are any issues or problems that i may run into. this will be my first major change (since i have to reset the box) since i joined this company and i dont really wanna kill their servers, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roguekitton
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX audit users activity

Is there a tool or application the will audit users activity? I've tryed to use audit the comes with AIX but to gathers so much information it is near impossible to see what they are doing. I just want to monitor logins and and files they create or change. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
9 Replies

4. AIX

Need to audit LV's - need some command help

I need to run a DC wide audit of some oracle filesystems to ensure their all on SAN. In linux its pretty easy since its LVM device structure includes the VG for which that lv is part of (/dev/VGFOO/lv-bar). As such I can just run mount and do some greping to get the needed info. SO my question... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mattchewie
2 Replies

5. AIX

audit.log file rotation

Hi guys, I've googled this quite a bit, and tried searching on these forums, but haven't found a solution to my problem. I wanted to inquire about AIX's audit subsystem - more specifically, how to rotate its log file. So far I've been able to find how to rotate AIX syslog log files, and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w1r3d
2 Replies

6. AIX

Aix 5.3 Audit issue - not orking properly

Hello Friends, I had enabled the audit and configured for sysadmin user alone in audit config file. but the audit starts logging for root user alone. Attached the conf file. I want the aduit to record only for sysadmin activities.. need your expertise and help in solving the issue. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Is it possible to audit a specific folder or file in Solaris ?

Hi, I wish to audit access to a specific folder or file in Solaris. I have read the man pages for auditd, audit_control , audit_event but don't seem to find any clue. Has anyone tried this before ? Is it feasible ? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks Yik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ycheng08
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audit Flat File - # of Columns / Rows

We receive a file which usually has 40 to 50 million rows. I want to set up an audit process by which everytime we receive a file we audit it for # of rows and total number of columns. So if the # of rows is around 1 million on a particular day, I want to raise a flag or send an email....and if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya33184
3 Replies

9. Solaris

how to configure a audit in global zone that will audit all the zone

Hi everyone, how i can configure a single audit service in the global zone for all zones, on solaris BSM. I will be glad to hear back from you. Thanks and Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladondo
3 Replies
AUDIT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  AUDIT(8)

NAME
audit -- audit management utility SYNOPSIS
audit -e | -i | -n | -s | -t DESCRIPTION
The audit utility controls the state of the audit system. One of the following flags is required as an argument to audit: -e Forces the audit system to immediately remove audit log files that meet the expiration criteria specified in the audit control file without doing a log rotation. -i Initializes and starts auditing. This option is currently for Mac OS X only and requires auditd(8) to be configured to run under launchd(8). -n Forces the audit system to close the existing audit log file and rotate to a new log file in a location specified in the audit con- trol file. Also, audit log files that meet the expiration criteria specified in the audit control file will be removed. -s Specifies that the audit system should [re]synchronize its configuration from the audit control file. A new log file will be cre- ated. -t Specifies that the audit system should terminate. Log files are closed and renamed to indicate the time of the shutdown. NOTES
The auditd(8) daemon must already be running. Optionally, it can be configured to be started on-demand by launchd(8) (Mac OS X only). The audit utility requires audit administrator privileges for successful operation. FILES
/etc/security/audit_control Audit policy file used to configure the auditing system. SEE ALSO
audit(4), audit_control(5), auditd(8), launchd(8) HISTORY
The OpenBSM implementation was created by McAfee Research, the security division of McAfee Inc., under contract to Apple Computer Inc. in 2004. It was subsequently adopted by the TrustedBSD Project as the foundation for the OpenBSM distribution. AUTHORS
This software was created by McAfee Research, the security research division of McAfee, Inc., under contract to Apple Computer Inc. Addi- tional authors include Wayne Salamon, Robert Watson, and SPARTA Inc. The Basic Security Module (BSM) interface to audit records and audit event stream format were defined by Sun Microsystems. BSD
January 29, 2009 BSD