Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian HP ProLiant DL380 G4 w/ Debian... If your familiar with this machine please help. Post 302585333 by hombreopaco on Wednesday 28th of December 2011 06:38:19 AM
Old 12-28-2011
Hi Marcus Aurelius,

1) No Wireless integrated, it can be installed in one of the PCI* ports, recomendations?, well, you must install the faster and cheapest wireless card, is your decision.
2) You can intall a 64bits Operating System in this machine because the Intel Xeon have all the features needed to run this kind of software, amd64 in the iso name only mean 64bits.
3) I'm using a lot of HP DL servers and, normally, this kind of freeze problems are related to an incorrect driver shipped in the installation DVD, try to search the correct one and add it before the installation, all the Operating System permit this kind of taks with a shortcut at the boot time. About the Operating System recommended, I'm using Ubuntu, Suse (SLES and SLED), and Solaris. In my experience Solaris is the faster and, if it is correctly configured, the most secure.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

anyone familiar with mandrake? :D

I am using Mandrake 10.1 and I was trying to use K3B to burn my files to CD. Well, I configured the recorder speed to 48X, however when I try to burn a cd, the program gets stuck and return an error 252 or something. I searched the forum and in there somewhere people mentioned about turning on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jace
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm not familiar with UNIX at all....HELP!

I need to know how to update our UNIX systems for 2007 DST. Problem is, I have no idea what version of UNIX we have or how to even find out what version it is. I work in the IT department and none of my co-workers know anything about UNIX either. So, I have two questions. First of all, how do I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcrawford575
5 Replies

3. Debian

Problem installing debian 4.0 on hp dl380 G5

ello all.. I really have a big problem installing debian 4.0 on HP dl380 G5 ,2 74 sScsi in raid 1 (mirror), after all selected options, it's freezes on getting files 125 of 125 and stops on 5% of the installation. I've try with different cd's and cd-roms so that's not the problem! Can someone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: res5it
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IF YOU'RE FAMILIAR WITH 'chkcpu', please read this post.

Hello, I am using unix shell from a Unix emulator called ZOC. Basically, I checked my jobs using the command 'chkcpu'. What I get is something like this: ** cfdlab17 ** PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanay
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is any one familiar with 'chkcpu' command ?

Hello, I am using unix shell from a Unix emulator called ZOC. Basically, I checked my jobs using the command 'chkcpu'. What I get is something like this: ** cfdlab17 ** PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nanay
1 Replies

6. Solaris

HP DL380 G3 vs Solaris 10

1) Does anyone know IF HP Proliant DL380 G3 is compatible to install Solaris 10 - as whenever I tried to install, it gives an error saying 'No disk found' after keying in date/time etc. 2) I found somewhere that text installation will be able to fix it - What is text installation? Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
7 Replies

7. AIX

Anyone familiar with the application FMS ?

Fault Management System. I think it is an in-house application but I am not sure. So if there are people out there that know this application, I have a few questions about it. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

HP DL380 g6 Riser kit

I have 2 DL380g6 servers, one server has a riser kit installed and the other does not. running rhel5.6, how from the OS can I see the riser kit is installed? lspci didn't list the riser kit, but then again I'm not entirely sure its classified as a pci device? Is there a way to see it from the OS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkeyes001
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP DL380 G6 ILO question Linux

Hi, I have Redhat Linux 5.9. I need to connect all the ILO to different switch which can support 1 Gig. How can I find if ILO port can support gigabit? I am on HP website but not able to find anything about this information. Not sure I am looking in the correct place. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

10. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 driver for HP SmartArray P410i Controller on Proliant DL380 G7?

Hi I hope this is the right forum. I am attempting to install SCO 5.0.7 on a Proliant DL380 G7 with a Smart Array P410I Controller. I need a driver for this. Can anybody point me to a download? Thanks in anticipation. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuart1946
12 Replies
MFI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MFI(4)

NAME
mfi -- LSI Logic & Dell MegaRAID SAS RAID controller SYNOPSIS
mfi* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
The mfi driver provides support for the MegaRAID SAS family of RAID controllers, including: - Dell PERC 5/e, PERC 5/i, PERC 6/e, PERC 6/i - Intel RAID Controller SRCSAS18E, SRCSAS144E - LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 8208ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8208XLP, MegaRAID SAS 8300XLP, MegaRAID SAS 8308ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8344ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8408E, MegaRAID SAS 8480E, MegaRAID SAS 8708ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8888ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8880EM2, MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i - IBM ServeRAID M1015, ServeRAID M5014 These controllers support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID 50 and RAID 60 using either SAS or SATA II drives. Although the controllers are actual RAID controllers, the driver makes them look just like SCSI controllers. All RAID configuration is done through the controllers' BIOSes. mfi supports monitoring of the logical disks in the controller through the bioctl(8) and envstat(8) commands. EVENTS
The mfi driver is able to send events to powerd(8) if a logical drive in the controller is not online. The state-changed event will be sent to the /etc/powerd/scripts/sensor_drive script when such condition happens. SEE ALSO
intro(4), pci(4), scsi(4), sd(4), bioctl(8), envstat(8), powerd(8) HISTORY
The mfi driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
March 22, 2012 BSD