Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK or SED solution
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK or SED solution Post 302584875 by ahamed101 on Monday 26th of December 2011 08:24:48 AM
Old 12-26-2011
Code:
awk '{if(length($1)>=20){p=$0;next}}{print p,$0}' input_file

#or

awk '/^182/{p=$0;next}{print p,$0}' input_file

--ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is There a Sed Solution for This?

Hi All, I'm trying to use sed to extract data within a String, but I'm having problems with sed command: Text: STATUS OSRC_R6_0_MENT_R1H_CU M_901662 R1H_LV1_20080313 Based from the Text above, I just need to extract this data R6_0 R1H_CU LV1 Is there a solution for this in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: racbern
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a awk solution for this??

I am writing a awk script that gathers certain data from certain fields. I needed a awk solution for this, because it will later become a function in the script. I have the following data that I need output on a single line, but record spans across multilple lines and records are not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/sed solution for grep,cut

Hi, From the file "example" with lines like below, I need the int value associated with ENG , i.e, 123 SUB: ENG123, GROUP 1 SUB: HIS124, GROUP 1 .. .. Normally , i do grep ENG example | cut -d ' ' -f 2 | cut -c 4-6 Is it possible to do it in simpler way using awk/sed ? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed solution for condition checking

Hi all , Recently i came across this in FAQ's. I have a file cat rem.txt sreedhar 20 sreedhar 10 sreedhar 15 sreedhar 18 sreedhar 16 sreedhar 30 I have to replace sreedhar with "Sridhar" if the second parameter is > 18. I need to do it in "sed" only. I am wondering how this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent solution for simple sed

Hi Im running this command on AIX in ksh. My input file samp1 contains 1 2 123 12345 When I execute the following sed i dont get a matching pattern sed -n '/{1}/p' samp1 Can anyone help me with this simple thing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk solution

Hello! Well, I searched and wasn't able to find a specific example of my dilemma, so hopefully someone could assist? Or maybe there was an example but I missed it? I have two files: file1 = order data file file2 = list of 65,000+ order numbers I would like to extract from 'file1' any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm -r *
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to check two condition need solution

Hi, I am having a file in below format server-1 Win2008:server-1-1700,1774,290104720,290104987:server-1 server-2 AIX:server-2-:server-2 server-2 I want the output like this Win2008:server-1-1700,1774,290104720,290104987:standalon-server AIX:server-2-:VIO-Sever I used the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk Solution

Hi I am having a csv file like this ahsh,90.82,add,32424,ahha hhdh,98.89,hdhdh,92728,neha hshs,you,97.7,hdhdhd,are,a jsjsj,wonderful,9788,79.9,aheh ahdh,95.5,girl, 2737,jolllI need to add width="100" to the value which is greater than 90 like decimal points but less than 100 Output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solution for replacement of 4th column with 3rd column in a file using awk/sed preserving delimters

input "A","B","C,D","E","F" "S","T","U,V","W","X" "AA","BB","CC,DD","EEEE","FFF" required output: "A","B","C,D","C,D","F" "S", T","U,V","U,V","X" "AA","BB","CC,DD","CC,DD","FFF" tried using awk but double quotes not preserving for every field. any help to solve this is much... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khblts
5 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)