Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding max number in filename and opening it Post 302584736 by vbe on Sunday 25th of December 2011 04:42:04 AM
Old 12-25-2011
Code:
ls energy.dat.*|sort -rn|head -1

This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding max value

My code below is supposed to find which company had the most business and then print the appropriate fields from another file which are the companies ID number and name. I can loop through awk and display all the total amount of business for each company but I need help in only printing out the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Enigma23
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in finding the max and min position

Hi, I have this input file called ttbitnres (which is catenated and sorted):- 8 0.4444 213 10 0.5555 342 11 0.5555 321 12 0.5555 231 13 0.4444 400 My code is at :- #!/bin/bash echo -e Version "\t" Number of Pass "\t" Number of Fail "\t" Rank Position "\t"Min "\t" Max... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Max. Possible number of IOs

Hi, Is there a way to find out the maximum possible number of IOs on a Solaris Servers. I'm using SUN Fire V240 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justsam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding opening and closing braces

I am reading a cpp file thru shell script . There are many fuctions inside the cpp file eg pvvd_fncn_name1 { ..... something } pvvd_fncn_name2 { ..... something } what I require is a method to find the first opening brace and the coresponding last brace and search... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find max number

Hi, i have a file with numbers in it and i was wondering if there's a script i could use to find the max number and have that printed to a new file? example a.txt 18 26 47 34 27 so find the max number in a.txt and print it to b.txt. Thanks! (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonbaby
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Max value from an array

Hi, I need to find max and second max element from an array. array contains 0338,0337,0339,0340,0401,0402,0403 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjasai
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max number of variables?

Hi Folks.Just out of interest does anyone know if their is a maximum number of variables that korn shell supports and if so how do I query what it is?Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select max value based on filename

Hi, I would just like to know how to get the file with the max filename on a directory and get rid of all the others. For example, in directory A:/ i have the ff files: APPLE2001 APPLE2002 APPLE2003 GRAPE2004 what I want to get is the max in files whose filenames start with APPLE*,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madden
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding max size

Hi I have a list of 2000 records with multiple entries and I want to get the max size for each entry ABC 1 ABC 2 ABC 3 ABC 4 DEF 1 DEF 2 DEF 2 DEF 2 DEF 2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding max of a column grouping by the time

Hi, I have the below text: 16:00 0.50 16:00 0.30 16:00 0.00 16:00 0.00 16:00 0.30 16:01 0.00 16:01 0.30 I want to find the max of the 2nd column grouping by the values in the 1st column using awk. So 16:00 0.50 16:01 0.30 I have tried (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishrao
3 Replies
obminimize(1)						      User's Reference Manual						     obminimize(1)

NAME
obminimize -- optimize the geometry, minimize the energy for a molecule SYNOPSIS
obminimize [OPTIONS] filename DESCRIPTION
The obminimize tool can be used to minimize the energy for molecules inside (multi-)molecule files (e.g., MOL2, etc.) OPTIONS
If no filename is given, obminimize will give all options including the available forcefields. -n steps Specify the maximum number of steps (default=2500) -cg Use conjugate gradients algorithm (default) -sd Use steepest descent algorithm -c criteria Set convergence criteria (default=1e-6) -ff forcefield Select the forcefield EXAMPLES
View the possible options, including available forcefields: obminimize Minimize the energy for the molecule(s) in file test.mol2: obminimize test.mol2 Minimize the energy for the molecule(s) in file test.mol2 using the Ghemical forcefield: obminimize -ff Ghemical test.mol2 Minimize the energy for the molecule(s) in file test.mol2 by taking at most 300 geometry optimization steps obminimize -n 300 test.mol2 Minimize the energy for the molecule(s) in file test.mol2 using the steepest descent algorithm and convergence criteria 1e-5: obminimize -sd -c 1e-5 test.mol2 SEE ALSO
babel(1), obenergy(1), obrotamer(1). The web pages for Open Babel can be found at: <http://openbabel.org/> The web pages for Open Babel Molecular Mechanics can be found at: <http://openbabel.org/wiki/Molecular_mechanics> AUTHORS
The minimize program was contributed by Tim Vandermeersch. Open Babel is developed by a cast of many, including currrent maintainers Geoff Hutchison, Chris Morley, Michael Banck, and innumerable oth- ers who have contributed fixes and additions. For more contributors to Open Babel, see <http://openbabel.org/wiki/THANKS> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 by Tim Vandermeersch. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation version 2 of the License. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABIL- ITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. Open Babel 2.2 July 4, 2008 Open Babel 2.2