Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to execute the complete cmd - using find command Post 302583694 by ygemici on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 04:00:17 AM
Old 12-21-2011
if the results of find is NULL, xargs lists everything where s in the current directory(.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNable to find ping command

HI, I am new to unix. I have used some basic commands and written some simple shell scripts in teh past. Currently, I am supposed to write a script to continuosly check if a couple of machines are up and if not to start a script. I am using a bash - 2.03. I have tryying to use the ping command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swepaul
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute a complete url from crontab

Hi, I need to execute a URL through crontab. Please could you help me to. I need something like 15 0 * * * http://www.mysite.com/index.php. Is it possible. If not, how can I execute a script from another server.. Any help will be appritiatable. Many thanks, Nissar.P.K (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nissar
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Help! I'm unable to complete my registration

I have followed the instructions contained in my confirmation email and when I do I am referred here: https://www.unix.com/register.php?a=act&u=302021451&i=94824252. When I follow the instructions on that screen I am directed to the same error page. Please assist. Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramiller01
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to find java command

Hi All, Am trying to start a server by using the startup shell script. But am getting java command not found. Can anyone guide me in which path i need to check for all the java commands and also how do i chk the version of java being installed on linux box? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
3 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to execute snap command

Hi Friends, I am not able to execute snap -a command in AIX 6 system. Could you please let me know how to make work this command and Path to be set. Thanks in Advance Siva. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumarl
4 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to find crypt command

Hi Friends, I am not able to execute crypt in AIX OS. Could you pls let me know how to get this command. Thanks in Advance Siva. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumarl
1 Replies

7. Linux

How to execute nohup cmd

Hi, nohup sar -u 10 $COUNT | awk 'NR>2 {$2=$4=$7="";}1' | tr -s ' ' '\t' 2>/dev/null >sar.out & i have execute above line from shell script .. but sar.out is created with ZERO bite size.. Help on that what is the problem here Thx, Mani (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet using port and execute cmd

Hi, my query is: I am Login on server with IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.. and i want a script where i want to telnet to server with IP yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy using specific port and then execute a cmd there on server Y please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command using ssh server 'cmd'

Hi The command below does not work as it require to take command in the breakers But If I do so the variable values get lost ssh testserver01 'dsmc q b "${ARCHIVE_DIR}*" -sub=yes -querysummary -inactive -fromd="${BACKUP_DATE}"' Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find command takes too long to complete

Hi, Below is my find command find /opt/app/websphere -name myfolder -perm -600 | wc -l At time it even takes 20 mins to complete. my OS is : SunOS mypc 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5440 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
el(1)                                                         General Commands Manual                                                        el(1)

NAME
el -- program to make a tuned shell-command for Oneliner SYNOPSIS
el [-acdfhioxV] [--command cmd] [--args n] [--format fmt] [--execute] [--inpipe buf] [--outpipe buf] [--serial] [--help] [--ver- sion] [--debug] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the el command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has docu- mentation in the GNU Info format; see below. el is a program that You can make a tuned shell-command for Oneliner with. This command can send S-exp to Emacs, and this can make Emacs evaluate it, too. In other words, you can execute Emacs's function from shell-commands. And you can make Emacs work in closer cooperation with your favorite shell-commands. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -c cmd --command cmd cmd means a function of Elisp. Command line arguments and data from stdin means arguments of cmd. If you specify the only -c switch, el output one S-exp by one line of stdin. --a n --args n Specifies the maximum number of arguments of a Elisp function with -c switch. -f fmt --format fmt Allows you to use format string of printf for making a S-exp. -x --execute Requests to Oneliner to evaluate the S-exp to use *Oneliner auto-eval* buffer. -i buf --inpipe buf Gets input from pipe-buffer. You can specify a number of pipe-buffer, too. -o buf --outpipe buf Puts output to pipe-buffer. You can specify a number of pipe-buffer, too. -s --serial Makes el to serialize multiple lines to one line. -h --help Display help message. -V --version Display version identifiers. -d --debug Enable debugging state. SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by Oneliner(Shell-mode hooks for Oneliners) available via the Info system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by OHURA Makoto <ohura@debian.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. el(1)