Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shellscript to read data from txt file and import to oracle db Post 302583613 by jayan_jay on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 12:51:49 AM
Old 12-21-2011
Placing sqlplus within while loop wont be a good idea ...

Try with the below modified one ..
Code:
[ -f "dir.txt" ] && echo "File present" || exit 1
while read line
do
      << your variable declaration code >>
      echo "<< your full sql insert code >> " >> /your/path/to/insert_query.sql
done < dir.txt

##Here connect the DB to insert 

sqlplus -s username/password <<EOF
set scan off;
@/your/path/to/insert_query.sql
exit;
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Import data from compressed file

HI I need to import data from a file which is in comressed format but system doesn't have enough space to uncompress file Is there any way so that i can do import from compressed file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap_gore79
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

txt file to oracle database

hiya, i have a query: i want to read a file which contains: 2005/02/21 16:56:54.301: 111 PS (200, 10) sent <log instrument="FXA.ROSS"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorhul
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript.query Oracle table..populate in a text file

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum as well as to UNIX shell scripting. I'm looking for a shellscript to query an Oracle database table and populate the result set of the query in a text file. Could you someone help me out with a sample code? Thanks, Bhagat (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
7 Replies

4. Programming

import .txt and split word into array C

Hi, if I want to import .txt file that contain information and the number separate by space how can I split and put into array In C Example of .txt file 3 Aqaba 49789 10000 5200 25.78 6987 148976 12941 15.78 99885 35262 2501 22.98 Thank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to read data from a file name.txt and search it in another file and then matching...

Hi Frnds... I have an input file name.txt and another file named as source.. name.txt is having only one column and source is having around 25 columns...i need to read from name.txt line by line and search it in source file and then save the result in results file.. I have a rough idea about the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to import a value from txt file

Hello, I want to give a value from a txt file to my variable at my ksh script. I`ve searched on the net and I found the command variable < file.txt but it cannot see the file. The .txt file contains two values in the first and the second line. Is there any way to give the first-line value to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris_euop
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to import and dump file to remote Oracle server?

Hi All, I have a linux centos instance which has a dump file. I need to import the dump file to the oracle server which is located at some remote location. I have installed the oracle client on my machine and I am able to connect to the remote oracle server. Now how to import the dump to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Oracle dump file (del format) import into db2

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: are the oracle dump files compatible to direct import into db2? I already tried many times but it always truncated results. anyone can help/ advice or suggest? 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: exp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonny_103024
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the shell script to read the .txt file as an input/data?

i have written my shell script in notepad however i am struggling to pass the data file to be read to the script the data file is of .txt format. My target is to run the shell script from the terminal and pass 3 arguments e.g. polg@DESKTOP-BVPDC5C:~/CS1420/coursework$ bash valsplit.sh input.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using bash script : How to Import data from a dsv file into multiple tables in mysql

HI I have a dsv file that looks like: <<BOF>> record_number|id_number|first name|last name|msisdn|network|points|card number|gender 312|9101011234011|Test Junior|Smith|071 123 4321|MTN|73|1241551413214444|M 313|9012023213011|Bob|Smith|27743334321|Vodacom|3|1231233232323244|M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tera
4 Replies
Test::Assertions::TestScript(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Test::Assertions::TestScript(3pm)

NAME
Test::Assertions::TestScript - Base for test scripts SYNOPSIS
use Test::Assertions::TestScript; use Module::To::Test qw( frobnicate ); ASSERT(frobnicate(),"Frobnicate returns true"); DESCRIPTION
Test::Assertions::TestScript provides a base for writing test scripts. It performs some common actions such as setting up the @INC path and parsing command-line options, specifically: o The lib and t/lib directories are added to @INC. o The current directory is changed to the directory the script is in. o Test script command-line options are parsed. (See "COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS") o The test set of functions from Test::Assertions are imported into your test script. Test::Assertions::TestScript makes certain assumptions about the filesystem layout of your project: o Modules that you are testing are in the lib directory of your project. o Test scripts are in the t directory. o There may also be a t/lib directory for any modules written for the test process. Test::Assertions::TestScript should be "use"d before any modules that you intend to test. OPTIONS
Options can be supplied to the import function. These should be placed after the "use" or "import". For example use Test::Assertions::TestScript( tests => 10, options => { 'b', $opt_b }) The following options are defined: tests The number of tests to pass to "plan tests" from Test::Assertions. For example to tell Test::Assertions::TestScript that the script contains 42 tests: use Test::Assertions::TestScript tests => 42; options A hashref of additional options to capture via Getopt::Long. The "options" import parameter is passed verbatim to GetOptions, so something along the following lines is required in order to capture the "-b" command line option: use Test::Assertions::TestScript( options => { 'b' => $opt_b } ); COMMAND-LINE OPTIONS A script based on Test::Assertions::TestScript will detect the following command line options. -t Shallow tracing. Traces are "print"ed and AutoImport is turned on. -T Deep tracing. Traces are "print"ed and AutoImport is turned on. --trace-module=MODULE Imports tracing into MODULE specifically. Can be specified multiple times. -s Save generated output. You will need to write the actual code to do this in your testscript, but you can inspect $Test::Assertions::TestScript::SAVE_OUTPUT to see whether this argument was given. Be aware that all other command line options will be disregarded unless the "options" import parameter is used to capture them. VERSION
$Revision: 1.18 $ AUTHOR
Colin Robertson <cpan _at_ bbc _dot_ co _dot_ uk> COPYRIGHT
(c) BBC 2005-6. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the GNU GPL. See the file COPYING in this distribution, or http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt perl v5.10.0 2006-08-10 Test::Assertions::TestScript(3pm)