Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mysql query in shellscript
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mysql query in shellscript Post 302583290 by aish11 on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 05:36:17 AM
Old 12-20-2011
mysql query in shellscript

Hi,

I want to run below query on shellscript but having one problm.

Code:
ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME"  "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and  Date='$latest Date';" )

here Date column contans different below dates

Code:
2011-12-01
2011-12-05
2011-12-07
2011-12-08
2011-12-13

and i want to catch date as latest date i.e 2011-12-13

finally the query looks like

Code:
ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME"  "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and  Date='2011-12-13';" )

Also i want to make this script in minimum size code.

please help me to catch latest date.

Thanks

Last edited by aish11; 12-20-2011 at 09:16 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript.query Oracle table..populate in a text file

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum as well as to UNIX shell scripting. I'm looking for a shellscript to query an Oracle database table and populate the result set of the query in a text file. Could you someone help me out with a sample code? Thanks, Bhagat (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

? parameter in mysql query

I am debugging some code and came across ? in the WHERE cause in a mysql query. Is this possible and what situations would this be used? SELECT ip, count FROM table WHERE domain=? thanks & regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
2 Replies

4. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to access mysql query from database , for that i have tried the below code #! /bin/bash TABLE_NAME=database1 USER_NAME=root IP_ADDR=111.20.9.256 somevar=`echo "select altid from alert where altid='2724'"| mysql -h $IP_ADDR -u $USER_NAME $TABLE_NAME ` echo $somevar ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

6. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

7. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need wrapper around mysql query

Hello Friends, I am using check_mysql_query plugin in nagios to query database and get output. query is working fine but output which i am getting contain query. I want to remove query from output and give custom message which will be simple and understandable. Can you help me here with any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
5 Replies
MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)

NAME
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql - load the time zone tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql arguments DESCRIPTION
The mysql_tzinfo_to_sql program loads the time zone tables in the mysql database. It is used on systems that have a zoneinfo database (the set of files describing time zones). Examples of such systems are Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Mac OS X. One likely location for these files is the /usr/share/zoneinfo directory (/usr/share/lib/zoneinfo on Solaris). If your system does not have a zoneinfo database, you can use the downloadable package described in Section 10.6, "MySQL Server Time Zone Support". mysql_tzinfo_to_sql can be invoked several ways: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_dir shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file For the first invocation syntax, pass the zoneinfo directory path name to mysql_tzinfo_to_sql and send the output into the mysql program. For example: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root mysql mysql_tzinfo_to_sql reads your system's time zone files and generates SQL statements from them. mysql processes those statements to load the time zone tables. The second syntax causes mysql_tzinfo_to_sql to load a single time zone file tz_file that corresponds to a time zone name tz_name: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name | mysql -u root mysql If your time zone needs to account for leap seconds, invoke mysql_tzinfo_to_sql using the third syntax, which initializes the leap second information. tz_file is the name of your time zone file: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file | mysql -u root mysql After running mysql_tzinfo_to_sql, it is best to restart the server so that it does not continue to use any previously cached time zone data. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)