Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Command to calculate space for all subdirs under a dir Post 302583267 by ajaypatil_am on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 04:35:45 AM
Old 12-20-2011
Command to calculate space for all subdirs under a dir

du -hs command calculates the space for all the subdirs under a dir ...but it is very slow if the dir is huge....is there any quick way ...I am using Sun OS.

Thanks,
Ajay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate the space

Hi everyone, I need to write a script to calculate the space for sub-folders under /home: Here is the scanrio: cd /home drwxr-xr-x 57 root root 8192 Jan 22 16:13 home_1 drwxrwxrwx 69 root root 8192 Jan 29 10:36 home_2 drwxr-xr-x 97 root root 8192 Nov... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: za_7565
8 Replies

2. AIX

find command - no subdirs

I am looking to delete files that are of a certain age with something like the following... find /directory -type f -mtime +14 | xargs rm ....however, I would like to only execute this on the current directory and not subdirectories. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewsc
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp how to deal with space in path to dir?

OK I am trying to use something similar to this: #!/bin/sh echo "OK, starting now..." sftp -b /dev/fd/0 user@remotehost <<EOF cd pub ascii put filename.txt bye EOF only difference is the dir I need to cd to has a space in it like this /Import/Server/Prospect File ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

substrings from all files incl subdirs into csv with dir names

Greetings! I have multiple files, one per subdirectory, all with the same file name. All subdirectories are one level deep from the main directory. The data in the files is tab delimited between fields and record delimited with a newline. The subdirectory names have the date in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtischuk@yahoo.
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create dir in main &subdirs,perform action

Hi, I have one dir which has N subdirs.For ex: /home/user/Project_Src /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir2 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir3 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B/Build i want to create a folder with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files and subdirs from dir to a new dir

Hello Comunity I am trying to make a bash shell script that it copies files and subdirs(with files) to a new dir. I would like the dest_dir to contain only subdirectories with files not other subdirs inside. it called : cpflatdir src_dir dest_dir Pleaze help me! Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BTKBaaMMM
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files older that 7 days in a dir, excluding all subdirs

Hi, I would like to list all files, older than 7 days, in a directory, but exclude all subdirectories in the find command. If I use find . -type f -mtime +7 all files in the subdirs are also included. How can I exclude them? Regards, JW (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbijl
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot cd to dir with space

I have a script that I am trying to use. I need it to run from a certain directory. I have tried the following: SCRIPT_DIR=$PWD MYDIR="/filemount/files/Move Files" cd "$MYDIR" $SCRIPT_DIR/movefiles.bash I have tried to run it. but I always get "no such file or directory" from the script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Running a script in a sub dir with space in it

Hi I am trying to run a script in a sub-directory, that has one space on it: such as: /internaldisk1/Task Logs1, but my entry in cron is not working: 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /internaldisk1/Task\ logs1/./remov_reject.sh > /var/tmp/interd_`date '+%Y%M%d'`.log 2>&1 Please can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies
tinydyndns-conf(8)					      System Manager's Manual						tinydyndns-conf(8)

NAME
tinydyndns-conf - sets up a pop-before-dyndns service SYNOPSIS
tinydyndns-conf acct logacct dir myip mydomain DESCRIPTION
tinydyndns-conf creates a service directory dir that runs tinydns(8), and a service directory dir/pop that runs a pop3 service and updates tinydns' database after a successful login. You can run the services under svscan(8) or runsvdir(8) by creating symbolic links in the /service directory: ln -s dir /service/dir ln -s dir/pop /service/dir-pop The service will start within five seconds, and will be restarted upon reboot. You can use svc(8) to control the service. tinydyndns-conf runs tinydns-conf acct logacct dir myip to set up a DNS publication service. tinydyndns-conf modifies dir/root/Makefile to not run tinydns-data(8) upon normal request. tinydyndns-conf arranges for tcpserver(1) to listen on TCP port 110, and to start pop3front-auth(8), cvm-pwfile(8), and after a successful login tinydyndns-update(8), and pop3front-maildir(8) upon connections. tinydyndns-conf creates a setpasswd script and a default passwd database in dir/pop for the use with cvm-pwfile(8). SEE ALSO
tinydyndns-update(8), tinydyndns-data(8), tinydns(8), tcpserver(1), pop3front-auth(8), cvm-pwfile(8), pop3front-maildir(8) http://smarden.org/tinydyndns/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> tinydyndns-conf(8)