Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers chown: <file>: Not owner on Solaris 9 Post 302583214 by galuzan on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 01:36:49 AM
Old 12-20-2011
Code:
> id -a
uid=1000002(galtest1) gid=1(other) groups=1(other)
> ls -ld ../tmp
drwxrwxrwt  11 root     root        5355 Dec 20 08:35 ../tmp

>  echo rstchown/d |mdb -k
mdb: failed to open /dev/mem: Permission denied

> df -k .
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
swap                 106454432     456 106453976     1%    /tmp

Let me know if anything else can help

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums.

Last edited by radoulov; 12-20-2011 at 05:54 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the owner of the file?

How to change the owner of the file? Can I change the owner of file/ files? I am user and not admin.(not logged as root) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change owner of a file

im running into changing the ownership of a file. I am trying to change the ownership to "system", but it doesn't want to work. I sudo chown system /preferences.plist Password: chown: system: Invalid argument is there a way to read the ownership of a file, something like read chown... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBarraford
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Owner of file gets 'not owner' error for chgrp

Hi Folks, I know that changing users and groups is pretty basic admin, but this one has got me stumped. When I try to change the group of a file for which I am the owner for, it still gives me a 'Not owner' error. For example, when I am logged in as 'webadmin', I have the following file: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brizrobbo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting file owner in perl

hi, how can I get the owner of the file ( not uid) on windows plaform. "getpwuid" is not working on windows. I knw it works on unix. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How UNIX admin set up this? how files of 744 of other owner can be removed by another owner?

Hi all, We have some files are under 744 permissions and the the owner is say owner1 and group1. Now we have another user owner2 of group2, owner2 can remove files of the owner1 and the permission of those files are 744, unix admin told us he did some config at his side so we can do that. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGunMan
14 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Change file owner

What i did: - logged in with acc1 and created a new user acc2 commands used: useradd and passwd. - Then i logged in acc2. but all the files are owned by acc1. Issue: I try to change the owner of the files using chown command . But it gives me a error message. All i want to do is... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: TotallyConfused
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown: Read-only file system

Hi, I am logged in as super use and want to set owner of a root folder to a specific user. #chown -R user1:group1 /u01 This gives the message: chown: /u01: Read-only file system chown: lost+found: Read-only file system #ls -l drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 Mar 21 16:42... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Privileges : modify dir/file owner by other that's not owner

i need to do the following operations in solaris 10: 1.change owner and group owner for files which are not owned by the current user and user group 2.to can delete files in the /tmp directory which are not of the current user 3. allow to a standard user the deletion of files in the /tmp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sirmark
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to log all file that has been move,chmod,chown?

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to log that has been chmod,mv,chown,chgrp and how to prevent script running while chmod,mv,chown,chgrp are still running? Ex: a/b/c-folder file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt chmod 777 * chown owner owner group mv what i did was(please see... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Chown error in Solaris

Hello All, I am trying to change the home directory ownership of a user from "skel" to user himself, drwxr-xr-x 4 skel aldo 4096 May 26 09:47 dosatc But when i do that i get an error stating, # chown -R dosatc /msdhome/dosatc #chown: getcwd: Too many open files Please guide me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies
MDBTools(1)															       MDBTools(1)

NAME
mdb-parsecsv - Convert CSV table dump into C file. SYNOPSIS
mdb-parsecsv file DESCRIPTION
mdb-parsecsv is a utility program distributed with MDB Tools. mdb-parsecsv takes a CSV file representing a database table, and converts it into a C array. NOTES
If the first argument does not exist as a file, mdb-parsecsv will look for the same filename with '.txt' appended. The file extension is stripped, and the output written to the base name plus a '.c' extension. ENVIRONMENT
MDB_JET3_CHARSET Defines the charset of the input JET3 (access 97) file. Default is CP1252. See iconv(1). MDBICONV Defines the output charset to use for the SQL file. Default is UTF-8. mdbtools must have been compiled with iconv. MDBOPTS semi-column separated list of options: o use_index o no_memo o debug_like o debug_write o debug_usage o debug_ole o debug_row o debug_props o debug_all is a shortcut for all debug_* options SEE ALSO
gmdb2(1) mdb-export(1) mdb-hexdump(1) mdb-prop(1) mdb-sql(1) mdb-ver(1) mdb-array(1) mdb-header(1) mdb-schema(1) mdb-tables(1) AUTHORS
The mdb-parsecsv utility was written by Brian Bruns. 0.7 13 July 2013 MDBTools(1)