Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) [Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found. Post 302582705 by butterbaerchen on Saturday 17th of December 2011 07:29:00 AM
Old 12-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
You don't, you ask a mod to do it.
thanks, could have guessed after trying to fix my speeling error there ... Smilie

so. Dear moderator - if you like you can mark my quest [solved] and ... if you could transpose grapics > graphics, that would be awesome. Great forum, tons to read. Thank you for having me here.

btw ... I tried to read the ... Featured Books and Articles by Active Forum Members page but safari, firefox and seamonkey all give me :
Quote:
vBulletin Message
Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
(which I did ... I think) - now, guess what: my brandnew links2 graphics browser gets me that page with no fuss. I am stoked.

Last edited by butterbaerchen; 12-17-2011 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: incomplete spelling error

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics And Animation

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY C OR ANY OTHER UNIX LANGUAGE IS USED IN THREE DIMENSIONAL ANIMATION AND RENDERING (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
5 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics programing

Hi all! I`m new in Unix (Linux) and i whant to ask something! What language should i use for Linux developing.I meen applications an GAME DEVELOPING! Should i use C,TCL ??? Please help me on this ...:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sebastyan
1 Replies

3. Programming

Graphics libraries

I want to know if under Linux there are some graphics libraries and/or functions for using simple graphics in the 'console' screen. For example with MS-DOS (when I was using Borland Turbo C++ v1.01, a very old version) there was the include file <graphics.h> that allowed to enter the graphic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robotronic
1 Replies

4. Programming

graphics commands ? ? ?

Graphics in UNIX :D well how to include "graphics.h" header file ? how to make the text output in colour in sh programming. please feed in back ....... thanking you alll imma (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
2 Replies

5. Programming

2D Graphics Lib

Hi, I am on Fedora9 and need to do some simple 2D graphics (for game development). I am looking for an ideal 2D library/package to be used with GCC. I have come accross GRX, libmxi and some OpenGL (The 3D), but none of which seems to be ok. I could not find any tutorial or support material... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nasersh
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

graphics drivers

ok, right off the bat im going to say this, i know that there is about over 100 links on google for this, just none of them help me. i have a radeon mobility 7500 graphics card. and i want to enable the compiz effects via Administration/preferences/Appearance. the problem is that i can't get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
12 Replies

7. High Performance Computing

Graphics cards

More and more applications which consist of computationally intensive tasks rely on the graphics card's capabilities in order to speed up the calculations. The question is how can one know whether the graphics card will have any influence for a proprietary application? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. High Performance Computing

FFTW - ./configure --enable-mpi error.

Hello I am trying to install fftw3.3.3 on an HPC system. The system has openmpi installed ( though we can choose between a variety of mpi distributions). However, while ./configure step of fftw, there is an error. The relevant section of the output is: checking whether to build shared... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi34101
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Graphics Driver Support in Linux

It's not exactly a question and more of a discussion. I found very less graphics application being developed for linux system. I'm not really fond of graphics programming and have a very little knowledge about it. Can any one suggest me that whether linux lack in ghraphics support? or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
2 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)