Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL or SHELL Scrript to search in Directories by taking line by line from a text file Post 302582582 by pasam on Friday 16th of December 2011 11:38:12 AM
Old 12-16-2011
MySQL

Thanks Ludwig,
Actually I am new to this shell script and PERL and I want the file content which have to print line by line and reference file (.jsp, .js,.xsl )
For Example:
if in the input text file app.txt ,4 names are there like below
Code:
                      pasam
                      nithin 
                      anil 
                      eric

then I want the output file containing the content like

Code:
Starting the  New Name:******************
pasam
/start/login.jsp
/start/header.js
nithin
/start/logout.jsp
/start/header.js
 anil
eric
/scripts/log/login.xsl

Thanks a lot Ludwig.

Last edited by zxmaus; 12-19-2011 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: added tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can search a String in one text file and replace the whole line in another file

i am very new to UNIX plz help me in this scenario i have two text files as below file1.txt name=Rajakumar. Discipline=Electronics and communication. Designation=software Engineer. file2.txt name=Kannan. Discipline=Mechanical. Designation=CADD Design Engineer. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse search a text file from a specified line

Hello All, I have a following task that I need to accomplish through a script or program and I am looking for some help as I have exhausted my ideas. 1. given: a text file with thousands of lines 2. find: pattern A in file and get line number ( grep -n works) 3. find: the first occurence of... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: PacificWonder
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to search a line and copy it to another line

Hi I have a log file (say log.txt). I have to search for a line which has the string ( say ERROR) in the log file and copy 15 lines after this into another file (say error.txt). Can someone give me the code and this has to be in PERL Thanks in advance Ammu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text from a file and print text and one previous line too

Hi, Please let me know how to find text and print text and its previous line. Please don't get irritated few days back I asked text and next line. I am using HP-UX 11.11 Thanks for your help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the fifth line of a text file into a shell script and trim the line to extract a WORD

FOLKS , i have a text file that is generated automatically of an another korn shell script, i want to bring in the fifth line of the text file in to my korn shell script and look for a particular word in the line . Can you all share some thoughts on this one. thanks... Venu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search all file for particular text and make changes to line 3

Hi All, I am sitting on HPUX. I want to change the exit into #exit, which appears into 3red line of code in shell scripting, wondering how shell script to be called up to perform action. I have following code in all files. Now, I need to find the text exit and replace into #exit. #!/sbin/sh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read a text file line by line & process it...

Hi , I am trying to write an shell, which reads a text file (from a location) having a list of numbers of strictly 5 digits only ex: 33144 Now my script will check : 1) that each entry is only 5 digits & numeric only, no alphabets, & its not empty. 2)then it executes a shell script called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_to_shell
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script UNIX to read text file line by line

i have a text file as belows, it includes 2 columns, 1st is the column name, 2nd is the file_name data_file.txt column_name file_name col1 file1 col2 file2 col3 file1 col4 file1 col5 file2 now, i would like to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tester111
4 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)