Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Comparing two files with datestamp to current date Post 302582351 by bartus11 on Thursday 15th of December 2011 03:06:50 PM
Old 12-15-2011
This should work:
Code:
ls -rt *.zip | xargs unzip

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find files less than the current date

Hai, i have one directory contains 100 files .each file name like xvb_dateformat.i want find which file names are xvb_lessthan or equal to currentdate. any one give the solution. regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallikarjuna
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Extracting date from file name and comparing with current date

I need to extract the date part from the file name (20080221 in this ex) and compare it with the current date and delete it, if it is a past date. $file = exp_ABCD4_T-2584780_upto_20080221.dmp.Z really appreciate any help. thanks mkneni (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming of multiple files with current date

Hi, I have a fixed 4 files in each different directory. The total 17 directories are there each one having 4 files inside it. I need rename all of them with current date. The files formates will be as below: Folder1: abc_NOR_xyz_ddmmyyyy.txt abc_NOR_ghij_ddmmyyyy.txt Folder2:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing current date

Hi, I have start date and end date in the following format. I need to check the current date is greater than the start date and less than the end date. if i use the command date --date "Tue 6:00 AM", it takes next Tues day not the current week's Tues day. Is there a way to get the current Tues... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathappriyan
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing Output Date to Current System Date

Hi Guys, Anyone who knows how to compare the current date with the a file containing a date, say for example I have a file that looks like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server6 Fri Dec 16... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy current date files to another dir

i have directory /abcd and i want to copy all today date files in /xyz directory. i am able to see the files by using below command but not able to understand copy. find . -mtime -1 -type f -exec ls -l {} \; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

7. Debian

Search files that start with current date

hi all, i need to find same files in my directory that looks like this format 20121017145949639.xml (YYYYMMDD*.xml) thanks for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merouan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the dates with the current date in perl scripting

Hi i have a file containg dates likebelow 4/30/2013 3/31/2013 4/30/2013 4/16/2013 4/30/2013 4/30/2013 5/30/2013 5/30/2013 4/30/2013 5/30/2013 5/30/2013 3/31/2013 now i want to compare the above dates with current date and i want to display the difference . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to replace a parameter(variable) date value inside a text files daily with current date?

Hello All, we what we call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)