Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) [Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found. Post 302582280 by vbe on Thursday 15th of December 2011 10:20:41 AM
Old 12-15-2011
Quote:
checking for X... no
checking for pmshell... no
checking for gui/view.h... no
checking for gui/window.h... no
checking for gui/desktop.h... no
checking for gui/bitmap.h... no
Is this normal?
When you compile, should we understand you are in a text terminal? as who?
can you from your terminal launch xclock & ?
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics And Animation

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY C OR ANY OTHER UNIX LANGUAGE IS USED IN THREE DIMENSIONAL ANIMATION AND RENDERING (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
5 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics programing

Hi all! I`m new in Unix (Linux) and i whant to ask something! What language should i use for Linux developing.I meen applications an GAME DEVELOPING! Should i use C,TCL ??? Please help me on this ...:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sebastyan
1 Replies

3. Programming

Graphics libraries

I want to know if under Linux there are some graphics libraries and/or functions for using simple graphics in the 'console' screen. For example with MS-DOS (when I was using Borland Turbo C++ v1.01, a very old version) there was the include file <graphics.h> that allowed to enter the graphic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robotronic
1 Replies

4. Programming

graphics commands ? ? ?

Graphics in UNIX :D well how to include "graphics.h" header file ? how to make the text output in colour in sh programming. please feed in back ....... thanking you alll imma (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
2 Replies

5. Programming

2D Graphics Lib

Hi, I am on Fedora9 and need to do some simple 2D graphics (for game development). I am looking for an ideal 2D library/package to be used with GCC. I have come accross GRX, libmxi and some OpenGL (The 3D), but none of which seems to be ok. I could not find any tutorial or support material... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nasersh
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

graphics drivers

ok, right off the bat im going to say this, i know that there is about over 100 links on google for this, just none of them help me. i have a radeon mobility 7500 graphics card. and i want to enable the compiz effects via Administration/preferences/Appearance. the problem is that i can't get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
12 Replies

7. High Performance Computing

Graphics cards

More and more applications which consist of computationally intensive tasks rely on the graphics card's capabilities in order to speed up the calculations. The question is how can one know whether the graphics card will have any influence for a proprietary application? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. High Performance Computing

FFTW - ./configure --enable-mpi error.

Hello I am trying to install fftw3.3.3 on an HPC system. The system has openmpi installed ( though we can choose between a variety of mpi distributions). However, while ./configure step of fftw, there is an error. The relevant section of the output is: checking whether to build shared... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi34101
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Graphics Driver Support in Linux

It's not exactly a question and more of a discussion. I found very less graphics application being developed for linux system. I'm not really fond of graphics programming and have a very little knowledge about it. Can any one suggest me that whether linux lack in ghraphics support? or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
2 Replies
Tk_GetGC(3)						       Tk Library Procedures						       Tk_GetGC(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetGC, Tk_FreeGC - maintain database of read-only graphics contexts SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> GC Tk_GetGC(tkwin, valueMask, valuePtr) Tk_FreeGC(display, gc) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window in which the graphics context will be used. unsigned long valueMask (in) Mask of bits (such as GCForeground or GCStipple) indicating which fields of *valuePtr are valid. XGCValues *valuePtr (in) Pointer to structure describing the desired values for the graphics context. Display *display (in) Display for which gc was allocated. GC gc (in) X identifier for graphics context that is no longer needed. Must have been allocated by Tk_GetGC. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetGC and Tk_FreeGC manage a collection of graphics contexts being used by an application. The procedures allow graphics contexts to be shared, thereby avoiding the server overhead that would be incurred if a separate GC were created for each use. Tk_GetGC takes arguments describing the desired graphics context and returns an X identifier for a GC that fits the description. The graphics context that is returned will have default values in all of the fields not specified explicitly by valueMask and valuePtr. Tk_GetGC maintains a database of all the graphics contexts it has created. Whenever possible, a call to Tk_GetGC will return an existing graphics context rather than creating a new one. This approach can substantially reduce server overhead, so Tk_GetGC should generally be used in preference to the Xlib procedure XCreateGC, which creates a new graphics context on each call. Since the return values of Tk_GetGC are shared, callers should never modify the graphics contexts returned by Tk_GetGC. If a graphics con- text must be modified dynamically, then it should be created by calling XCreateGC instead of Tk_GetGC. When a graphics context is no longer needed, Tk_FreeGC should be called to release it. There should be exactly one call to Tk_FreeGC for each call to Tk_GetGC. When a graphics context is no longer in use anywhere (i.e. it has been freed as many times as it has been gotten) Tk_FreeGC will release it to the X server and delete it from the database. KEYWORDS
graphics context Tk Tk_GetGC(3)