Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Getting rid of ^M
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting rid of ^M Post 302581592 by saneep1108 on Tuesday 13th of December 2011 12:34:55 PM
Old 12-13-2011
Getting rid of ^M

You can use " perl -pi -e 's/\r//g' file_name " (dont use double quotes) to get rid of the control m characters.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

getting rid of ^H

Hello everybody I have a very annoying problem on my Solaris (Unix in general) servers. When I open a shell and press the backspace button, it results in a ^H character being printed on screen. I can resolve it by typing stty erase <backspace>, but does anyone know how I can prevent the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get rid of last line

I have to process a data file in Ab Initio. This data file is pipe delimited. BUt the file may have a Disclaimer line at the end. So before picking it for processing, I need to check if this line is there I need to remove it. ANy suggestions. Thanks Shalu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shalua
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get rid of the last period (.)

Hello, I'm able to trim down the log message to "192.168.1.0.", but can't get rid off the last period. Can any one help me on the syntax to get rid of the last period? Basically, I want "192.168.1.0" instead of "192.168.1.0." Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannytrinh
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get rid of ==>

ok the assignment question: That English paper you were writing on the works of Lewis Carroll is due in a few hours and you have forgeotten the name of the text file in which you has written a number of quotations to use in your paper. Luckily, you know that the file is somewhere in your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mek86
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get rid of ^[[D

Hi All, Im selecting a large record from a table and putting it in a file in the unix box. The file has a hidden character "^[[D " present in it. Can any one help me in getting rid of the character Thanks in advance, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhan@29
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get rid of ' from variable?

hi, I want to get rid of ' from my variable value in ksh, and I also want to read the value on the right hand side of = into a variable thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting rid of whitespace

Hello I am working aon script, that tells me how many users or on the system when i run it. The script is #!/bin/bash w | cut -f 1 -d ' ' |sort -u | wc -l When ran it shows 16 users including myself and a line of white space. I was wondering what I need to add to remove my user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosdojaf
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get rid of last _ in the files name?

ex: I have list of files in a folder. abc_def_geh_.txt abc_.txt abc_def_geh_12345_.txt ab134c_d345345ef_444geh_12345_.txt i need to rename all files to get rid of the _ before .txt result should look like this: abc_def_geh.txt abc.txt abc_def_geh_12345.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lv99
2 Replies

9. Linux

How to get rid of ^m

Hi all, I am new to unix....pls help me with this. I have a binary file generating output by passing arguments in bash.when i open the output file in VI i can see that ^m is included in between most of lines,as a result when i pass this file to my java application it dosent parse the data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asheshrocky
3 Replies

10. AIX

How to get rid of GPFS ?

Hi We are doing the migration of DMX3 disks to DMX4 disks using migratepv. We are not using GPFS but we have gpfs disks present in the server. Can anyone advise how to get rid of GPFS in both the servers cbspsrdb01 and cbspsrdb02. I will do migratepv for the other disks present in the servers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies
Gtk2::PrintSettings(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Gtk2::PrintSettings(3pm)

NAME
Gtk2::PrintSettings - wrapper for GtkPrintSettings HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gtk2::PrintSettings METHODS
printsettings = Gtk2::PrintSettings->new printsettings = Gtk2::PrintSettings->new_from_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 printsettings = Gtk2::PrintSettings->new_from_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 $settings->foreach ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) string or undef = $settings->get ($key) o $key (string) $settings->set ($key, $value) o $key (string) o $value (string or undef) boolean = $settings->has_key ($key) o $key (string) $settings->load_file ($file_name) o $file_name (string) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 $settings->load_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 $settings->to_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 $settings->to_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) Since: gtk+ 2.12 $settings->unset ($key) o $key (string) SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-27 Gtk2::PrintSettings(3pm)