Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need to create 2 log files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need to create 2 log files Post 302580432 by methyl on Thursday 8th of December 2011 12:28:16 PM
Old 12-08-2011
Within the ksh script possibly remove the existing "tee" commands and wrap the entire contents in a sub-shell:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
# Preamble and set logfile variable
(

#Lines which output to stdout or stderr

) 2>&1 | tee -a $LOCAL_LOG_FILE

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create individual tgz files from a set of files

Hello I have a ton of files in a directory of the format app.log.2008-04-04 I'd like to run a command that would archive each of these files as app.log.2008-04-04.tgz I tried a few combinations of find with xargs etc but no luck. Thanks Amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitg
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple log files and create output file and put the result

OS : Linux 2.6.9-67 - Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 Looking for a script that reads the following log files that gets generated everynight between 2 - 5am Master_App_20090717.log Master_App1_20090717.log Master_App2_20090717.log Master_App3_20090717.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to create a script to parse log files

Hello everybody, I need some help here to create a script to parse a log file. Here is a sample of the log file : 0x42258940 (Debug) Cache SUMMARY attrs now/668 min/668 max/668. 0x42258940 (Debug) RSVD SUMMARY reserved space max requested/128 MB accounted now/0 MB 0x42258940 (Debug)... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samb95
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for

Hi , Please help me getting this done. Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern. (i) Conditions for creating log files. Log file is created with date (example 2010_03_27.log). If the log file size is 10 Mb for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itian2010
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

shell script that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to count files & create log of that.

Hi Friends, I need some help. First look at my files hierchachy /<level-1>/<level-2>/<level-3>/*.tif eg. : /2010-07-01/AFFIDAVIT-OF-SERVICE---FOR-SC/001/Babylon2_20100701012049_1278004849.49892_000.tif... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create zip/gz/tar files for if the files are older than particular days in UNIX or Linux?

I need a script file for backup (zip or tar or gz) of old log files in our unix server (causing the space problem). Could you please help me to create the zip or gz files for each log files in current directory and sub-directories also? I found one command which is to create gz file for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple zip files each containing 50 xml files.

Hi, Is there a direct command or need to write a shell script for following requirement? Everyday a folder is populated with approx 25k to 30k xml files. I need to create multiple zip files in the same folder each containing 50 xml files. The last zip file may or may not contain 50 xml files.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Thobula
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create or convert to pdf files from csv files using shell script?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to convert a .csv file to a .pdf file using shell script Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies
WWW::Bugzilla::Search(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				WWW::Bugzilla::Search(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Bugzilla::Search - Handles searching bugzilla bugs via WWW::Mechanize. SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Bugzilla::Search; # Login my $search = WWW::Bugzilla::Search->new( server => 'bugs.example.com', email => 'user@example.com', password => 'my_passwd', ); $search->summary('This is my summary'); my @bugs = $search->search(); DESCRIPTION
WWW::Bugzilla::Search provides an API to search for bugs in a Bugzilla database. Any resulting bugs will be returned as instances of WWW::Bugzilla bugs. INTERFACE
Multiple choice search criteria The following fields are multiple choice fields: classification, component, op_sys, priority, product, resolution, bug_severity, bug_status, target_milestone, version, hardware, rep_platform Available options can be retrieved via: $search->field(); To choose a given value, use: $search->field('value'); Text search criteria The following fields are avaiilable for text searching: assigned_to, reporter, summary To searc using a given field, use: $search->field('value'); Methods search() Searches Bugzilla with the defined criteria. Returns a list of bugs that match the criteria. Each bug is a seperate instance of WWW::Bugzilla reset() Resets all search criteria. BUGS, IMPROVEMENTS There may well be bugs in this module. Using it as I have, I just have not run into any. In addition, this module does not support ALL of Bugzilla's features. I will consider any patches or improvements, just send me an email at the address listed below. AUTHOR
Written by: Brian Caswell (bmc@shmoo.com) Portions taken from WWW::Bugzilla, originally written by: Matthew C. Vella (the_mcv@yahoo.com) LICENSE
WWW::Bugzilla::Search - Module providing API to search Bugzilla bugs. Copyright (C) 2006 Brian Caswell (bmc@shmoo.com) Portions Copyright (C) 2003 Matthew C. Vella (the_mcv@yahoo.com) This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or b) the "Artistic License" which comes with this module. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License for more details. You should have received a copy of the Artistic License with this module, in the file ARTISTIC. If not, I'll be glad to provide one. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA perl v5.10.1 2009-10-15 WWW::Bugzilla::Search(3pm)