Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with storing oracle sqlplus query output shell script Post 302579106 by binlib on Sunday 4th of December 2011 07:14:54 PM
Old 12-04-2011
Seeing a right value from echo "$VAR" doesn't necessarily mean VAR is exported. You need to explicitly "export VAR".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

run oracle query remotly with shell script

hello how to run shell script to excute oracle queries on remote db ? i have tried as following sqlplus -s user/password@remote_server "select query;" but not working also this one sqlplus -s user/password@remote_server `select query;` not working :( i add this line to run another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Oracle sqlplus output

a job extracts orcle data into unix as flat file. a single record breaks into two record in unix flat file. This is the case only for 6 records out of 60 lack records. (its not single record in two line. but its single record into record. ie., \n come into picture) can you tell me what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting oracle sqlplus select query into file

So, I would like to run differen select queries on multiple databases.. I made a script wich I thought to be called something like.. ./script.sh sql_file_name out.log or to enter select statement in a command line.. (aix) and I did created some shell script wich is not working.. it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to query Oracle table

Hi, unix gurnis I need help for following requirement for writing a shell scritp. log in to oracle database, query one table total records (select count(*) from table1), pass the return value to a file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a SQL select query in Oracle database through shell script?

I need to run a SQL select query in Oracle database and have to capture the list of retrieved records in shell script. Also i would like to modify the query for certain condition and need to fetch it again. How can i do this? Is there a way to have a persistent connection to oracle database... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not storing output in shell script

Hello, Following my learning of shell scripting.. I got stuck yet again. If I execute this command on terminal: $ sed "s/off/on/g" file > fileAUX I successfully change the text off to on from file to fileAUX. But the same command is not working inside a shell script. I tested and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quinestor
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies
SYSLOGOUT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SYSLOGOUT(8)

NAME
syslogout - modular centralized shell logout mechanism DESCRIPTION
syslogout is a generic approach to enable centralized shell logout actions for all users of a given system in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysadmins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/syslogout shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are con- tained in the /etc/syslogout.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by the /etc/syslogout script. For shell sessions, the contents of /etc/syslogout.d/" will be sourced by every user at logout if the following lines are present in his $HOME/.bash_logout: if [ -f /etc/syslogout ]; then . /etc/syslogout fi If used for X sessions it is advisable to include the former statement into the Xreset script of the X display manager instead to prevent that closing of an terminal emulator window yields unexpected results in your running X session if your X11 terminal emulator is using a login shell. Be sure then to run it under the user-id of the X session's user. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ for illustration. Users not wanting /etc/syslogout to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosyslogout in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/syslogout.d/ can simply be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.syslogout.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/syslogout.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syslo- gout.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private scripts to be automagically executed by /etc/syslogout at logout time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ and the manual page for bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at login time check out the related package sysprofile(8) which is a very close compan- ion to syslogout. BUGS
syslogout in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
syslogout was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSLOGOUT(8)