Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Performance tuning
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Performance tuning Post 302578581 by jlliagre on Friday 2nd of December 2011 01:50:39 AM
Old 12-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jegaraman
Is it wise to collect the inputs from the local zone rather than taking from the global zone.
That depends on what you want to collect and how but it is generally wiser to take them from the global one
Quote:
And also Can I tune from Global zone , so that it will reflect in local zone.
That depends on what you want to tune. Some tuning cannot be done but on the global one.
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance tuning.

can someone tell me a good site to go to in order to learn this. please do not recommen nay books because i dont have interest in that. if you know of any good sites with good straight forward explanation on how to split loads on machines that has excessive loading, please let me know Also,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

EXT3 Performance tuning

Hi all, long time ago I posted something, but now, it is needed again :( Currently, I am handling with a big NFS Server for more than 200 clients, this sever has to work with 256 NFSDs. Because of this huge amount of NFSDs, there are thousands of small write accesses down to the disk and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcom
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance Tuning

Hi to all, I'm interested in finding an introduction about Performance Tuning under Unix (or Linux); can somebody please point me in the right direction? Best regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domyalex
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle-performance tuning

Sorry, This is out of scope of this group.But I require the clarification pretty urgently. My Oracle database is parallely enabled. Still,in a particular table queries do not work "parallely" always. How is this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthri
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance Tuning

Hi All, In last one week, i have posted many questions in this portal. At last i am succeeded to make my 1st unix script. following are 2 points where my script is taking tooooo long. 1. Print the total number of records excluding header & footer. I have found that awk 'END{print NR -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance diagnosis & tuning

Hi, I am facing a strange issue. Application is deployed in a cluster with 2 Unix nodes (with same configuration). On one node the application is working fine but on another node we see this behavior I found using vmstat- when the server is not yet started everything is OK; when you start the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash.abrol
3 Replies

7. Solaris

System Check Performance Tuning

Hello Forum, Well I am fairly new to this Solaris os thing. One thing I would like to check for system health and performance. I know the codes like prstat,vmstat,sar,iostat,netstat,prtdiag -v, What else does a want to be sys admin have to look for when checking a solaris box? I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies

8. Tips and Tutorials

The Most Incomplete Guide to Performance Tuning

Overview: Introduction What Does Success Mean? What Does Performance Mean? Every Picture is Worth a Thousand Words Work Like a Physicist Work Like You Walk - One Step at a Time Learn to Know Your System Choose Your Weapons! Tools of the Trade 1 - vmstat A Little Theory Along the Way -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

9. AIX

IBM AIX I/O Performance Tuning

I have a IBM Power9 server coupled with a NVMe StorWize V7000 GEN3 storage, doing some benchmarks and noticing that single thread I/O (80% Read / 20% Write, common OLTP I/O profile) seems slow. ./xdisk -R0 -r80 -b 8k -M 1 -f /usr1/testing -t60 -OD -V BS Proc AIO read% IO Flag IO/s ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
8 Replies
NBP_NAME(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       NBP_NAME(3)

NAME
nbp_name - NBP name parsing SYNOPSIS
nbp_name( name, obj, type, zone ) char *name, **obj, **type, **zone; DESCRIPTION
nbp_name() parses user supplied names into their component object, type, and zone. obj, type, and zone should be passed by reference, and should point to the caller's default values. nbp_name() will change the pointers to the parsed-out values. name is of the form object:type@zone, where each of object, :type, and @zone replace obj, type, and zone, respectively. type must be proceeded by `:', and zone must be preceded by `@'. EXAMPLE
The argument of afpd(8)'s -n option is parsed with nbp_name(). The default value of obj is the first component of the machine's hostname (as returned by gethostbyname(3)). The default value of type is ``AFPServer'', and of zone is ``*'', the default zone. To cause afpd to register itself in some zone other than the default, one would invoke it as afpd -n @some-other-zone obj and type would retain their default values. BUGS
obj, type, and zone return pointers into static area which may be over-written on each call. netatalk 1.3 12 Jan 1994 NBP_NAME(3)