Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ubuntu seems running slow!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ubuntu seems running slow! Post 302578566 by dude2cool on Friday 2nd of December 2011 12:41:50 AM
Old 12-02-2011
in addition to setting the *swapiness* value as I said in the post above, set the swap priority to 1:

Code:
swapoff -a
swapon -p1 -a

to set it permanenty, edit fstab and set pri=1, see man swapon.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris running very slow!!

Hi all, Solaris is working very slow as login to solaris takes time say after 10 to 15 mins we get the login prompt back after logging in as oracle account/other account. This causes most Batch run delays(DWHouse jobs) scheduled through cronjobs. Where should one look for such issues to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
3 Replies

2. SCO

Server running slow

Hi, Wonder is someone can help. I've got a server SCO_SV 3.2v5.0.7 PentIII that is located at a different site and is running slow and has been for a week. I've been speaking to a third party who say nothing is wrong with it but its still running slow. The 3rd party advise it could be a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tez
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

SAM running slow

Any ideas on why SAM would take so long to load and initialize? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix is running slow??

All, This is my interview questions. Let me explain the question. Some one is asking me that, the unix server is running very slow. As a unix unix admin, what are the steps we should follow?? What/which process we should check?? What is the way to find the root cause ? Please let me know.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

postgresql issues - system running really slow

Hi All, I'm new here. i was wondering if anyone could shed a light on the problem i am having. I use a system for distributing broadband amongst users of for example a hotel, the system was designed by someone in the US and it is based on redhat 2.4 (i know its old) and the system uses... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clive306
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Slow while running a command for the first time

I am facing a performance problem on a Solaris 10 Sparc V890 server, it is an old one I know. The first time we realized there is a problem with the server, is the time when ftp transfers are made. There were 4 other identical servers doing much better. Network drivers are checked and there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalliege
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow Running Script (Reading 8000 lines)

Slow runnin script. The problem seems to be the sed calls. In summary the script reads list of users in file1. For each username search two files (file 1 & file2) for the username and get the value in the next line after "=". Compare these values with each other. If the same then output... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
9 Replies

8. AIX

AIX server running very slow

Hello, All the commands on AIX are running very slow. Below is few stats but I didn't find any issue in cpu or memory reosurces vmstat System configuration: lcpu=4 mem=6144MB ent=1.00 kthr memory page faults cpu ----- -----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Ubuntu very slow after repartitioning

Good evening, i don't know if this is the right section, so forgive me if it's wrong. i have an Asus Gl503v in dual boot w10-ubuntu18. hard disk is hybrid ssd-hhd. w10 is the native system and it is on ssd. I partitioned the hdd left a part ntfs and a part ext4. In the ext4 part i created... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcov
15 Replies
byobu-select-session(1) 					       byobu						   byobu-select-session(1)

NAME
byobu-select-session - select and connect to a byobu session DESCRIPTION
byobu-select-session is an application that lists the available screen sessions running on the system, and prompts the user to select one. The user also has the option to create a new Byobu session, or launch the default shell without Byobu. If an invalid selection is chosen 3 times in a row, the user is connected to the youngest session. By default, if only one session exists, the user is connected to that session, and if no sessions exist, a new session is created -- such that there is no interactive prompt in the normal behavior. However, some users may choose to always be prompted, by touching the file $BYOBU_CONFIG_DIR/.always-select. Note that BYOBU_CONFIG_DIR=$HOME/.byobu. Named sessions that begin with a "." are "hidden" from byobu-select-session(1). This is useful, for instance, if you do not want a session to be automatically selected at login. Example: byobu -S .hidden FILES
$BYOBU_CONFIG_DIR/.always-select SEE ALSO
byobu(1), screen(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 12 Jan 2010 byobu-select-session(1)