Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mounting a standard user, windows share at login Post 302578488 by metallica1973 on Thursday 1st of December 2011 04:16:09 PM
Old 12-01-2011
Though this still requires root access ,this shows promise, AutoFS:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Autofs

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks... - CentOS Wiki

AutoFS appears to be more a more efficient way of conserving bandwidth as well but I have never used it before

---------- Post updated at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:04 PM ----------

Thanks for the replies,

Was wondering about using the noauto option. If this is used will it still mount the drive after the boot automatically, or would i still have to mount the share after login manually?

Last edited by metallica1973; 12-01-2011 at 05:10 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mounting a windows share on AIX

Hi, How can I mount a Windows share (over samba) on an AIX machine? I know there is a utility called smbmount on Linux, but alas, I cannot find out how to the same thing on AIX. anyone have any ideas? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szahir1
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Mounting CIFS share

Is it possible to mount a samba share on a solaris system? I know this is possible with Linux using a fstype of smbfs. I am trying to aviod having to share the same directories via cifs and nfs on a solaris box to windows and solaris clients. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhm4
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help mounting Windows share in UNIX

We recently upgraded one of our engineering servers, and now the lone UNIX box that houses older CAD files can not connect to it. I have tried every variation of mount I can find, but to no avail. Help is appreciated. Here are the specs: Server: Windows 2003 x64 with Unix Services for Windows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatterstorm
8 Replies

4. IP Networking

Problem Mounting NFS share

I have one machine "The server" ip: 192.168.1.1, it runs ubu 8.04(LTS) and - I have a folder (/shareme) that I want to share with other linux machines on my LAN. - The server runs NFS server and common and portmap and so do the other machines on my LAN. - The server has the export file with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fcron
2 Replies

5. Solaris

mounting windows share folder

please help me,,i need step to mount windows share folder,,i try samba and nfs and it didnt work (in my linux server the command is fine),,can somenone give me an example for this to be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellscript
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy User home folders to mounted windows share

First of all, let me state that I am a windows admin. I have a windows share mounted to /mnt/server I need a script that will either login as sudo or perform commands with sudo rights. I need the script to copy all of the users /home folders to the mounted windows share. Now If I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricM
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

user can't write on cifs share but OK with Windows Explorer

Share ServerA ==== The Samba server is running on Samba version 3.0.22 based HP CIFS Server A.02.03.04 /opt/cifsclient/sbin/cifsclientd version: HP CIFS Client - Version A.02.02.02 smb file: My previous casw was thew user wasn't able to write to the share from Windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamoul
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] error while mounting windows share on linux

Hi whan i am trying to mount a windows share on linux i received the following error can some one help me with thsi # mount -t cifs \\\\servername\testdata -o username=xw27,password=*es*feed /test Mounting the DFS root for a particular server not implemented yet No ip address specified... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a samba share

Hi, I need to mount a directory from a Windows server to a CentOS box. The Windows server used is Windows Server 2003, and the path to the directory that I want to mount on CentOS is C:\Tomcat6\webapps\NASApp\logs. I am not sure of the correct way to mount this on CentOS, as most of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::RSS::Reader(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::RSS::Reader(3pm)

NAME
Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::RSS::Reader - retrieve RSS feeds for inclusion in Wiki::Toolkit nodes DESCRIPTION
Use this Wiki::Toolkit plugin to retrieve an RSS feed from a given URL so that you can include it in a wiki node. SYNOPSIS
use Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::RSS::Reader; my $rss = Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::RSS::Reader->new( url => 'http://example.com/feed.rss' ); my @items = $rss->retrieve; USAGE
This is a plugin for Wiki::Toolkit, a toolkit for building wikis; therefore please consult the documentation for Wiki::Toolkit for relevant information. This module can, however, be used standalone if you wish. METHODS
"new" my $rss = Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::RSS::Reader->new([options]); Create a new RSS reader. Valid options are "url" or "file" (a path to an RSS file); only one can be specified. "retrieve" my @items = $rss->retrieve; "retrieve" will return an array of hashes, one for each item in the RSS feed. The hashes contain three items, "title", "link", and "description". If the URL or file you specified cannot be retrieved/read, "retrieve" will return undef rather than blowing up and surprising the person reading your wiki. If you want, you can specify "debug" to be 1 in the options to "new", which will cause the module to croak instead of failing silently. AUTHOR
Earle Martin (EMARTIN@cpan.org) The Wiki::Toolkit team, (http://www.wiki-toolkit.org/) LEGAL
Copyright 2004 Earle Martin. Copyright 2006 the Wiki::Toolkit team. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-10-25 Wiki::Toolkit::Plugin::RSS::Reader(3pm)