Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Multiple Commands on a Single Line Post 302578350 by xbin on Thursday 1st of December 2011 10:41:13 AM
Old 12-01-2011
Try the following->
Code:
var=var$(date +%e | tr -d " ")
echo $var
var1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

single line input to multiple line output with sed

hey gents, I'm working on something that will use snmpwalk to query the devices on my network and retreive the device name, device IP, device model and device serial. I'm using Nmap for the enumeration and sed to clean up the results for use by snmpwalk. Once i get all the data organized I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting multiple sed commands on a single line

Hi, I want to make sed write a part of fileA (first 7 lines) to file1 and the rest of fileA to file2 in a single call and single line in sed. If I do the following: sed '1,7w file1; 8,$w file2' fileA I get only one file named file1 plus all the characters following file1. If I try to use curly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varelg
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Automatic execution of commands in multiple servers using single script.

Hi, I've to do a simple job many times whenever it has been asked, just i've to log in to all of fourtien HP servers and i've to execute ps -fu user > temp cat temp|sendmail "xyz@z.com" commands to send the statics of all of 14 servers over the mail to particular user id.. Though logging... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple unix commands in a single script

Hi, I would like to write a script with include more than 6 unix commands. my script like below: echo " script started" ls -ld bdf | grep "rama" tail -10 log.txt ... .. ... now, i want to run above unix commands one by one. example: first the ls -ld command will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Multiple rows to Single Row using unix commands

Can somebody help me in solving this.. Input data is like 0 A 1 B 2 C 3 D 0 A1 1 B1 2 C1 3 D1 0 A2 1 B2 2 C2 3 D2 Output should be like A B C D A1 B1 C1 D1 A2 B2 C2 D2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahantesh Patil
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting the multiple commands output to single file

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and have a question. I would like to redirect the output of multple commands to single file, From what I read from the bash manpage and from some searching it seems it cannot be done within the shell except setting up a loop. Is it? I am running all clearcase... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert single line output to multiple line

Hi all, I have a single line output like below echo $ips 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 want to convert above single line output as below format. Pls advice how to do ? 10.26.208.28 10.26.208.26 10.26.208.27 Regards Kannan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues formatting output of two commands in a single line.

I wish to generate output of two commands in the same line separated by a single white-space. Below is my command and output in the same line. ls -ltr fname1.out | awk '{$2=$4=$5=x; print}' | tr '\n' '\t' | tr -s ' '; cksum<fname1.out | cut -d' ' -f1 Output: -rw-r--r--. root Aug 26 16:57... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
scroll(3NCURSES)														  scroll(3NCURSES)

NAME
scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
The scroll routine scrolls the window up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimization, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen may be scrolled at the same time. For positive n, the scrl and wscrl routines scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok. RETURN VALUE
These routines return ERR upon failure, and OK (SVr4 only specifies "an integer value other than ERR") upon successful completion. X/Open defines no error conditions. This implementation returns an error if the window pointer is null, or if scrolling is not enabled in the window, e.g., with scrollok. NOTES
Note that scrl and scroll may be macros. The SVr4 documentation says that the optimization of physically scrolling immediately if the scroll region is the entire screen "is" per- formed, not "may be" performed. This implementation deliberately does not guarantee that this will occur, to leave open the possibility of smarter optimization of multiple scroll actions on the next update. Neither the SVr4 nor the XSI documentation specify whether the current attribute or current color-pair of blanks generated by the scroll function is zeroed. Under this implementation it is. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses standard, Issue 4 describes these functions. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), outopts(3NCURSES) scroll(3NCURSES)