Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash shell script: Str(007) to int(7),increment it(8) & convert back to string(008) Post 302578340 by drwatson_droid on Thursday 1st of December 2011 10:26:11 AM
Old 12-01-2011
Bug Bash shell script: Str(007) to int(7),increment it(8) & convert back to string(008)

Hi,
I have the following requirement.

There will be following text/line in a file (eg: search-build.txt)
PRODUCT_VERSION="V:01.002.007.Build1234"

I need to update the incremental build number (eg here 007) every time I give a build through script. I am able to search the string and get the item.
Quote:
rexpression_sed='PRODUCT_VERSION=\"V:\([0-9]*\).\([0-9]*\).\([0-9]*\).Build\([0-9]*\)\"'
var2=`grep -sn $rexpression_sed search-build.txt | sed -e 's/'$rexpression_sed'/\1\t\2\t\3\t\4/g'| cut -f 3`
echo $var2
Output

How to convert this to integer (7), add 1 to it (8) and again get back in the same form (008) in the easiest way? I will be using sed -i on the file, with this new string that can be used with RE for replacing that part!
Or
Is there any better method than above.

Thanks for any help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Howto convert Ascii -> UTF-8 & back C++

While working with russian text under FreeBSD&MySQL I need to convert a string from MySQL to the Unicode format. I've just started my way in C++ under FreeBSD , so please explain me how can I get ascii code of Char variable and also how can i get a character into variable with the specified ascii... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: macron
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a string to int

Hi, i want to read a text file whose content(single line) will be a number like 1 or 2 or 3 ..... what i want to do is to read the file and increment the content of the file, using unix scripting. Regards, Senthil Kumar Siddhan. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilk615
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interesting TCL behavior: 007 == 7 is true; 008==8 is false.

Hi all, If anyone has the explanation for the following issue, please share it with me. I am comparing two variable a and b with the values of 007 and 7, for these values it get evaluated as True. For a=008 and b=8, for these values it get evaluated as false. #!/bin/tclsh set a 007 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash shell script string comparison

I want to remove a line that has empty string at second field when I use cut with delimeter , like below $cat demo hello, mum hello, #!/bin/sh while read line do if then # remove the current line command goes here fi done < "demo" i got an error message for above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonosungho
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash script to increment a digit in filename

Hi guys, Can someone help me out with this: I have a directory with files like the following, GHost++ 2010-03-14 04-01 DotaCash RD us_ca LC #7 (44m19s).w3g GHost++ 2010-03-14 04-06 DotaCash AP us_ca LC #8 (42m24s).w3g GHost++ 2010-03-14 04-07 DotaCash AR us_ca LC #10 (08m23s).w3g ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbjlee17
4 Replies

6. Programming

Handle int listen(int sockfd, int backlog) in TCP

Hi, from the manual listen(2): listen for connections on socket - Linux man page It has a parameter called backlog and it limits the maximum length of queue of pending list. If I set backlog to 128, is it means no more than 128 packets can be handled by server? If I have three... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Concatination of string in bash scripts containing back slashes.

My script is as follows: #!/bin/bash STR1="test" echo $STR1 STR2="/bldtmp/"$STR1 echo $STR2 STR3=$STR2'/tmp' echo $STR3 output i am geting ---------------- test /bldtmp/test /tmptmp/test but my need is: ------------------ test /bldtmp/test (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a string to variable in Bash shell

Hi All; I have 2 variable let's say $A and $B. These are actually some remotely executed command outputs. I captured these values in my local variables. Here is my problem. When I try to do some arithmetic operation with these variables, I receive an error message. Neither expr nor typeset -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meacham12
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert int to string in python

Hi, I have column 5 in a file which contains string like this for ex. RP11-125O5.2 SLCO1B1 CAPN1 FRMPD2 TXNL4B So I do by data = )] ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'R' Can someday tell me how to convert this column into int successfully. Thank You in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossi
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script problems int to binary

Hi, I am trying to do a bash script that convert a decimal number to a binary value, but it doesn't work... To begin, I am just trying to convert a positive number to 8 bits binary. read -p"Entrez un nombre entre -128 et 127 pour l'encoder en binaire: " number binaryValues=(128 64 32 16 8 4 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zedki
8 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)