Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to show time minus 60 minutes? Post 302578305 by s ladd on Thursday 1st of December 2011 09:24:02 AM
Old 12-01-2011
That is a nice one liner.. Thank you sir.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display time in minutes n seconds...

Hi all, may i know how to display time in minutes and seconds(may be milliseconds and even smaller that ) in shell scripts.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting hour minus the current time

Can some one help me getting last hour of the current time with date command in a script. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shehzad_m
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the time before 30 minutes

Hi All, I want to find out the time before 30 minutes. I am able to do with in hours limit. date Fri Aug 21 06:50:00 BST 2009 TZ=CST+1 date Fri Aug 21 04:50:02 CST 2009 Can any one please help me (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikash_k
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

subtract minutes from time

i have the time 20100421043335 in format (date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S),and i want to be able to get the previous time 2 minutes ago,which is 20100421043135 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep the time within given minutes

Mar 26 15:25:11 : jdoe : TTY=pts/2 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/su - Mar 26 15:28:52 : jdoe : 3 incorrect password attempts ; TTY=pts/2 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/su - Mar 25 12:23:07 : jdoe : TTY=pts/2 ; PWD=/home/jdoe ; USER=root ; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minus 5 minutes

Hi, I need to subtract 5 minutes from the date. Example $date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H.%M.%S" displays 2014-06-26-06.06.38 I want to show it as 2014-06-26-06.01.38 (5 mins are subtracted from date) Any help would be appreciated. I am currently on AIX version 6.1 -Vrushank (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrupatel
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference in minutes

Hi Folks, I have a text file that has only time in the format HH:MM:SS like seen below. 21:36:17 23:52:08 I need to find the difference in minutes alone from this text file so the result would be 136. Thanks Jay (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 lists, show differences plus or minus

Not really sure how to accomplish this. If I have two lists with matching columns. Second column is different. I would like to show the differences plus/minus. list1 device1 5 decive2 10 decive3 10 device4 10 device5 10 device6 20 list2 device1 10 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a time minus 60 minutes?

Hello, date --date '-60 min ago' +'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S,%3N' Above command gives the date and time minus 60 minutes but the problem i am facing is, i do not want to hardcode the value 60 it is stored in a variable var=60 now if i run below command , i get error date --date '-$var min... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file creation Time minutes and if file older then 5 minutes execute some stuff

Hello all, Info: System RedHat 7.5 I need to create a script that based on the creation time, if the file is older then 5 minutes then execute some stuff, if not exit. I thought to get the creation time and minutes like this. CreationTime=$(stat -c %y /tmp/test.log | awk -F" " '{ print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies
NICE(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   NICE(1)

NAME
nice -- execute a utility at an altered scheduling priority SYNOPSIS
nice [-n increment] utility [argument ...] DESCRIPTION
The nice utility runs utility at an altered scheduling priority, by incrementing its ``nice'' value by the specified increment, or a default value of 10. The lower the nice value of a process, the higher its scheduling priority. The superuser may specify a negative increment in order to run a utility with a higher scheduling priority. Some shells may provide a builtin nice command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. ENVIRONMENT
The PATH environment variable is used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. EXAMPLES
Execute utility 'date' at priority 5 assuming the priority of the shell is 0: nice -n 5 date Execute utility 'date' at priority -19 assuming the priority of the shell is 0 and you are the super-user: nice -n 16 nice -n -35 date DIAGNOSTICS
If utility is invoked, the exit status of nice is the exit status of utility. An exit status of 126 indicates utility was found, but could not be executed. An exit status of 127 indicates utility could not be found. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), idprio(1), rtprio(1), getpriority(2), setpriority(2), renice(8) COMPATIBILITY
The traditional -increment option has been deprecated but is still supported. STANDARDS
The nice utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A nice utility appeared in Version 4 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD