Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new sun boxes
Operating Systems Solaris new sun boxes Post 302577178 by jim mcnamara on Monday 28th of November 2011 10:30:54 AM
Old 11-28-2011
Also, oracle will install as 64 bit in Solaris 10/11, but you can do a binary copy of existing application (not oracle) executalbe image files -- assuming you are going from solaris 8/9. Those 32 bit app executables you have will port 100% from earlier versions of Solaris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX boxes - am I mad?

Greetings, and thanks for having such an interesting forum! I currently have 3 Intel boxes running 2000, and two HP boxes running HP-UX 10.20. I am very inexperienced with the Unix/Linux world. I have several problems, mainly in getting them all networked together. I am constrained to keep a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Menace
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun boxes

Hi, I'm looking to get hold of a sun machine capable of running Solaris 9 to help me learn unix. I've been advised to look on e-bay, but am not sure of what to look for. The below seems quite good..... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1486&item=5707567514&rd=1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: topcat8
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing passwords remotely on sun boxes

now, for reasons i really cant begin to delve into, i have to find a way to be able to rmeotely create user accounts and also assign them passwords. unfortunately, it appears Sun boxes frowns upon this. sun boxes will let u create a user account remotely but will never let u assign the useraccount... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! Suggestions on what I can I use my 2 unix boxes for?

Once upon a looong time ago I used to work with Unix systems - SGI mainly. Now I've inherited 2 boxes - an SGI dual processor Octane and an Indigo2. For the past 2 years they've sat waiting for me to do something with them and never getting round to it. I run a windows network at home so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimmyChang
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Drop down boxes

Hello All, I am trying to come up with this interface with the backend on perl. The interface needs drop down boxes with dynamic chain loading ( as in contents of the 1st drop down box will populate the second drop down and so on) Any idea how I can do this? Kindly help Regards, Garric (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Alternate to pinging boxes

Hello, We have boxes on a WAN network I guess you would call it, pretty much they are hooked up via DSL in different locations in the US and we connect to them via SSH for a secure connection. Some of the boxes won't return a ping request like they are down, I am guessing is because the router... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP and DMZ boxes

Hi I would like write a script that will do sftp frm a box that resides inside the FW to a box that resides in DMZ.Any ideas guys.I tried generating rsa keys for a particular user, however just want to know is there any other solution or not. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks CK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plotting boxes in gnuplot

When I plot a set of data in gnuplot from a file like: 1 5 2 3 4 6 5 1 using plot "file.txt" w boxes I would expect that at the x value of 3 it will go to a value of 0 for y... but it doesn't. Is there a way to fix that, or do I actually have to type by hand an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have two SunFire boxes

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and probably 'unix for dummies' or maybe unix hardware for dummies is a good place to post my question. I'm the I S manager for a small county, just myself and one good tech. We recently had two SunFire T2000 boxes donated to us. We both have a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starrouter
1 Replies