Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help with using different types of GREP Post 302577097 by vbe on Monday 28th of November 2011 07:55:27 AM
Old 11-28-2011
To check in on solaris:
Code:
 uname -sr

What have you managed so far?
e.g.
Code:
grep '.*:[10]:*:*:*$' carslist.txt

Explain to me what the above code is supposed to do.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup types

can anyone explain me difference between tar and ufsdump commands.............and also i wd like to know the difference between incremental and differential backup......... thx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two types of pipes?

What is the difference between: cd /tmp tar -cf - *.txt |gzip > tmp_txt.tar.gz and cd /tmp mknod pipe p gzip < pipe > /tmp/tmp_txt1.tar.gz & tar -cf pipe *.txt Apart from the fact that we have to create the pipe file manually, is there any difference in the performance of the two?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mime types

Hi, I am trying to launch an ogg movie from a pdf file which has been produced with pdflatex and \movie {\centerline{\includegraphics {grafiques_xerrades/un_manolo_amb_camera.pdf}}} {hlims_xerrades/XocCumuls.ogg} The switch "externalviewer" makes kpdf launch the default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I grep in specific file types?

I have a directory with file types ending .log, .mml, .gll, .dll . How can I grep expressions only in say the .log files? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

5. Programming

enumeration types in C

If I want to declare an array of structures in C and have the number of items in that array to correspond to the items of an enumeration, is there a way to access the maximum value in the enumeration when declaring the array? For instance: typedef struct { various fields.... } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

What Types of Food Do You Like The Most?

On another simple topic, multiple choice answers OK ( you can pick more than one or suggest others - we will add your suggestions to the poll ). What Types of Food Do You Like The Most? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
27 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp -r except certain file types

the following excludes certain directories successfully cp -r probe/!(dir) /destination I want to exclude certain file types and tried unsuccessfully cp -r probe/!(*.avi) /destination (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmf
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursive grep with only certain types of files

Can I please have some ideas on how to do a recursive grep with certain types of files? The file types I want to use are *.c and *.java. I know this normally works with all files. grep -riI 'scanner' /home/bob/ 2>/dev/null Just not sure how to get it to work *.c and *.java files. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
gensprep(8)							 ICU 50.1.2 Manual						       gensprep(8)

NAME
gensprep - compile StringPrep data from files filtered by filterRFC3454.pl SYNOPSIS
gensprep [ -h, -?, --help ] [ -v, --verbose ] [ -c, --copyright ] [ -s, --sourcedir source ] [ -d, --destdir destination ] DESCRIPTION
gensprep reads filtered RFC 3454 files and compiles their information into a binary form. The resulting file, <name>.icu, can then be read directly by ICU, or used by pkgdata(8) for incorporation into a larger archive or library. The files read by gensprep are described in the FILES section. OPTIONS
-h, -?, --help Print help about usage and exit. -v, --verbose Display extra informative messages during execution. -c, --copyright Include a copyright notice into the binary data. -s, --sourcedir source Set the source directory to source. The default source directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. -d, --destdir destination Set the destination directory to destination. The default destination directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. ENVIRONMENT
ICU_DATA Specifies the directory containing ICU data. Defaults to /usr/share/icu/50.1.2/. Some tools in ICU depend on the presence of the trailing slash. It is thus important to make sure that it is present if ICU_DATA is set. FILES
The following files are read by gensprep and are looked for in the source /misc for rfc3454_*.txt files and in source /unidata for Normal- izationCorrections.txt. rfc3453_A_1.txt Contains the list of unassigned codepoints in Unicode version 3.2.0.... rfc3454_B_1.txt Contains the list of code points that are commonly mapped to nothing.... rfc3454_B_2.txt Contains the list of mappings for casefolding of code points when Normalization form NFKC is specified.... rfc3454_C_X.txt Contains the list of code points that are prohibited for IDNA. NormalizationCorrections.txt Contains the list of code points whose normalization has changed since Unicode Version 3.2.0. VERSION
50.1.2 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2002 IBM, Inc. and others. SEE ALSO
pkgdata(8) ICU MANPAGE
18 March 2003 gensprep(8)