Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Thunderbird 3.1.9 deletes from drafts Post 302576819 by dragonnefyre on Saturday 26th of November 2011 03:23:05 PM
Old 11-26-2011
I have seen that as well and that sounds about right, deleting autosaved mails that you are writing, once you have sent them. However I think that sometimes there may be a delay between sending it and the message appearing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi line deletes

I would like to be able to delete the first n lines of a file from inside of a ksh script. I am not sure how to achieve this or if it is possible. Could someone please help. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehoboth
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Program which deletes all lines ...

Shell Program which deletes all lines containing the word "UNIX" in the files supplied as argument..please help me to do this task :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhiseknitd
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why rsync deletes source directory?

Hi I have a strange problem. Sometimes when I execute the below command something wierd happens. rsync -avz -e ssh travegre@travegre.net: ../travegre.net/ the folder named "hm" that is held in travegre.net and is coppied along with all the other folders and data at travegre.net, gets... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: travegre
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync deletes original directory

Hi I have a strange problem. Sometimes when I execute the below command something wierd happens. rsync -avz -e ssh travegre@travegre.net: ../travegre.net/ the folder named "hm" that is held in travegre.net and is coppied along with all the other folders and data at travegre.net, gets deleted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: travegre
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deletes those files in a directory ?

I need a shell script that accepts 2 directories names bar1 and bar2 as arguments , and deletes those files in bar2 which are are identical to their name spaces in bar1. I tried with this code but it gives error. if then echo " syntax <comnd dir1 dir2 > " exit else ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send an email to my Drafts folder

Is there a way I can send a text file directly to my Drafts folder? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: idontknow
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that deletes files.

I want to write a script that deletes files inside the dir. However, the script should also allow the user to confirm by pressing (d) key before deleting files.. #!/bin/bash for file in $1/* do size='ls -l $file | cut -f 5 -d " "' name='ls -l $file | cut -f 9 -d " "' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herberwz
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MAKE-like build that deletes orphans?

I have a complex multi-stage (media conversion and formatting) build process that leaves orphan target files needing deleting automatically (i.e. by reference only to the build rules themselves, not any parallel config) upon each regular build. Since MAKE cannot do this, what can? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjj
4 Replies

9. Solaris

rm -rf not able deletes file but not the directory

i am trying to remove a directory using rm -rf command but its not getting removed.. it doesnt throw any error also.. i am logging as the owner of the dir and removing it but still no luck.. i am able remove a file but not a directory. i am using solaris 10 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
12 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

A system deletes my .bashrc file

It deletes my .bashrc file rarely but predictability after some unknown count of Mac's restarts. Has someone ever faced such behavior? How do I prevent OS X from modifying .bashrc? What ownership/permission should I set up to not let it happen? OS X Lion. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
6 Replies
FvwmAudio(1)						      General Commands Manual						      FvwmAudio(1)

NAME
FvwmAudio - the FVWM Audio module SYNOPSIS
FvwmAudio is spawned by fvwm, so no command line invocation will work. From within the .fvwmrc file, FvwmAudio is spawned as follows: Module FvwmAudio or from within an fvwm pop-up menu: Popup "Module-Popup" Title "Modules" Module "GoodStuff" GoodStuff Module "NoClutter" FvwmClean Module "FvwmIdentify" FvwmIdent Module "Banner" FvwmBanner Module "Debug" FvwmDebug Module "Audio" FvwmAudio Module "Pager" FvwmPager 0 3 EndPopup DESCRIPTION
The FvwmAudio module communicates with the Fvwm window manager to bind audio sounds to window manager actions. Different audio queues may be assigned to any window manager action. FvwmAudio can be used with any independent audio player, and therefore requires no special audio library APIs of its own. Simple in its design, it merely binds the audio filenames to particular actions and forks off the audio player program with the appropriate filename when that action occurs. FvwmAudio can also have builtin support for the rplay library. CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
FvwmAudio reads the same .fvwmrc file as fvwm(1) reads when it starts up, and looks for certain configuration options: *FvwmAudioPlayCmd /usr/bin/X11/demos/auplay This determines the independent audio player program that will actually play the sounds. If the play command is set to builtin- rplay then the builtin rplay support will be used. For example: *FvwmAudioPlayCmd builtin-rplay *FvwmAudioDir /usr/lib/sounds Specifies the directory to look for the audio files. This option is ignored when rplay is used. *FvwmAudioDelay 5 Specifies that sound events will only be played if they occur at least 5 seconds after the previous event. Sounds events that occur during the delay period are ignored. This option is useful if you don't want several sounds playing at the same time. The default delay is 0 which disables the audio delay. *FvwmAudioRplayHost hostname Specifies what host the sounds will play on. The hostname can also be an environment variable such as $HOSTDISPLAY. This option is only valid with builtin rplay support. *FvwmAudioRplayPriority 0 Specifies what priority will be assigned to the sounds when they are played. This option is only valid with builtin rplay support. *FvwmAudioRplayVolume 127 Specifies what volume will be assigned to the sounds when they are played. This option is only valid with builtin rplay support. *FvwmAudio window-manager_action audio_filename Binds particular window manager actions to sound queues. *FvwmAudio startup TaDa.au *FvwmAudio shutdown Elvis_Left.au *FvwmAudio unknown doh.au *FvwmAudio add_window drip.au *FvwmAudio raise_window swoosh.au *FvwmAudio lower_window swoosh.au *FvwmAudio focus_change boing.au *FvwmAudio destroy_window explosion.au *FvwmAudio iconify ploop.au *FvwmAudio deiconify ploop.au *FvwmAudio toggle_paging fwop.au *FvwmAudio new_page beam_trek.au *FvwmAudio new_desk beam_trek.au *FvwmAudio configure_window huh.au *FvwmAudio window_name beep.au *FvwmAudio icon_name beep.au *FvwmAudio res_class beep.au *FvwmAudio res_name beep.au *FvwmAudio end_windowlist twang.au INVOCATION
The invocation method was shown in the synopsis section. No command line invocation is possible. FvwmAudio must be invoked by the fvwm win- dow manager. BUGS
It's REALLY noisy when fvwm starts and restarts. COPYRIGHTS
This module is heavily based on a similar Fvwm module called FvwmSound by Mark Boyns. FvwmAudio simply takes Mark's original program and extends it to make it generic enough to work with any audio player. The concept for interfacing this module to the Window Manager, is orig- inal work by Robert Nation. Copyright 1994, Mark Boyns and Mark Scott. No guarantees or warranties or anything are provided or implied in any way whatsoever. Use this program at your own risk. Permission to use this program for any purpose is given, as long as the copyright is kept intact. AUTHORS
Mark Boyns (boyns@sdsu.edu) Mark Scott (mscott@mcd.mot.com) 3rd Berkeley Distribution Mar 28 1994 FvwmAudio(1)