Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Post 302576720 by 915086731 on Friday 25th of November 2011 10:34:16 PM
Old 11-25-2011
Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello ,
When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operations on search results

Hi, I am a newbie at Unix scritping, and I have a question. Looking at the search functionality on Unix. Here I have a structure root---------dir1 ------- file1, file2, file3 |_____dir2 ______file1@, file4 |_____dir3_______file1@, file5 Under root directory, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - no search results

Hi all, I'm new to awk and I'm experiencing syntax error that I don't know how to resolve. Hopefully some experts in this forum can help me out. I created an awk file that look like this: $ cat myawk.awk BEGIN { VAR1=PATTERN1 VAR2=PATTERN2 } /VAR1/ { flag=1 } /VAR2/ { flag=0 } {... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk18
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying the Second Line of the Grep Search Results

Hi I really hope someone can help with the below question. Lets say that I have a file called output.txt and I want to display all of the lines which contain the word ‘disconnect'. I know that this can easily be obtained by using the following command: grep -i disconnect output.txt However,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunny Sid
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with the name of the results of another search

Dear All, I have a file with this name= xx-nnnn.csv , I has texts in this format, 231048975938093056;234317862284705793;609384034;14955353;1344700706000;1; 231048975938093056;234317958632054785;715450794;52422878;1344700729000;1;... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidfreed
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing fields of two files and displaying results

Hello , I am trying to compare two files i.e one master file and the other exclusion file. If the second field of masterfile is oracle8 then I need to compare the 3rd field of master file with the 1st field of all the rows of exclusion file else I need to compare 2nd field from master file with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Search Results (Search, New, and Today's Topics) Animation Switch

Hey, I added an animation switch on the search results page; so by default the thread previews are off, but if you want to look at them, just click on the green button and the thread previews will turn on (and back off). See image and attached animation: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
tracker-search(1)						   User Commands						 tracker-search(1)

NAME
tracker-search - Search all content for keywords SYNOPSIS
tracker-search [OPTION...] EXPRESSION [EXPRESSION...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-search searches all indexed content for EXPRESSION. The resource in which EXPRESSION matches must exist (see --all for more infor- mation). All results are returned in ascending order. In all cases, if no EXPRESSION is given for an argument (like --folders for example) then ALL items in that category are returned instead. EXPRESSION One or more terms to search. The default operation is a logical AND. For logical OR operations, see -r. OPTIONS
-?, --help Give a short help message. -l, --limit=N Limit search to N results. The default is 512. -o, --offset=N Offset the search results by N. For example, start at item number 10 in the results. The default is 0. -r, --or-operator Use OR for search terms instead of AND (the default) -d, --detailed Show the unique URN associated with each search result. This does not apply to --music-albums and --music-artists. -a, --all Show results which might not be available. This might bebecause a removable media is not mounted for example. Without this option, resources are only shown if they exist. This option applies to all command line switches except --music-albums and --music-artists. -f, --files=EXPRESSION Search for files of any type matching EXPRESSION (optional). -e, --folders=EXPRESSION Search for folders matching EXPRESSION (optional). -m, --music=EXPRESSION Search for music files matching EXPRESSION (optional). --music-albums=ALBUM Search for music albums matching ALBUM (optional). --music-artists=ARTIST Search for music artists matching ARTIST (optional). -l, --images=EXPRESSION Search for images matching EXPRESSION (optional). -v, --videos=EXPRESSION Search for videos matching EXPRESSION (optional). -t, --documents=EXPRESSION Search for documents matching EXPRESSION (optional). -e, --emails=EXPRESSION Search for emails matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of subjects for emails found. -c, --contacts=EXPRESSION Search for contacts matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of names and email addresses found. -V, --version Print version. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-tag(1), tracker-info(1). GNU
July 2009 tracker-search(1)